Even after RPWD 2016, disabled students in Punjab are denied basic facilities
April 7, 2018
Disabled students at the Mahanta Gurbanta Dass Schoolin Bathinda in Punjab are going through a tough time. The school does not have even basic facilities for the students. This is even after repeated appeals by school authorities.
The school even lacks basic facilities like medical aid, a van and smart classes.
Maninder Kaur, who is the principal of the Mahanta Gurbanta school, says school authorities have written a letter to concerned officials asking for a school bus and a smart infrastructure. But no action has been taken yet.
The disabled students at the school are extremely talented and bright. But they undergo hardships due to the insensitivity of government authorities towards students with disabilities.
Basic clinical help is need of the hour at any school with disabled students.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
July 20, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
July 18, 2019
- Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Karnataka government trust vote on Thursday
- Events July 19, 2019 Human Festival - Inclusive Art Music Festival
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News