Even after RPWD 2016, disabled students in Punjab are denied basic facilities
Disabled students at the Mahanta Gurbanta Dass Schoolin Bathinda in Punjab are going through a tough time. The school does not have even basic facilities for the students. This is even after repeated appeals by school authorities.
The school even lacks basic facilities like medical aid, a van and smart classes.
Maninder Kaur, who is the principal of the Mahanta Gurbanta school, says school authorities have written a letter to concerned officials asking for a school bus and a smart infrastructure. But no action has been taken yet.
The disabled students at the school are extremely talented and bright. But they undergo hardships due to the insensitivity of government authorities towards students with disabilities.
Basic clinical help is need of the hour at any school with disabled students.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019