Even after RPWD 2016, disabled students in Punjab are denied basic facilities
April 7, 2018
Disabled students at the Mahanta Gurbanta Dass Schoolin Bathinda in Punjab are going through a tough time. The school does not have even basic facilities for the students. This is even after repeated appeals by school authorities.
The school even lacks basic facilities like medical aid, a van and smart classes.
Maninder Kaur, who is the principal of the Mahanta Gurbanta school, says school authorities have written a letter to concerned officials asking for a school bus and a smart infrastructure. But no action has been taken yet.
The disabled students at the school are extremely talented and bright. But they undergo hardships due to the insensitivity of government authorities towards students with disabilities.
Basic clinical help is need of the hour at any school with disabled students.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News