School for disabled kids in Hyderabad focuses on all-round development
April 6, 2018
The Ideal School for Deaf in Malakpet in Hyderabad is doing much more than just teach disabled children. The 100-odd students here get trained and equipped with skills that will help them with a brighter future. The school teaches children across all religious lines.
The school is run by the Ideal Information Centre for Disabled (IICD). It is a part of the social project of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
The teachers at the school also have disabilities. They visit the school daily to teach the children the curriculum as well as lessons in computers. The aim is to equip them for the job market.
The teachers impart job-oriented courses, so that they can get selected in competitive exams conducted by the government.
A similar center is run by IICD for blind students where about 20 students learn in Braille at its center in Mehdipatnam. Here too the students are taught computers and other job-oriented courses.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Parenting Corner - Feeling Guilty
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News