School for disabled kids in Hyderabad focuses on all-round development
April 6, 2018
The Ideal School for Deaf in Malakpet in Hyderabad is doing much more than just teach disabled children. The 100-odd students here get trained and equipped with skills that will help them with a brighter future. The school teaches children across all religious lines.
The school is run by the Ideal Information Centre for Disabled (IICD). It is a part of the social project of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
The teachers at the school also have disabilities. They visit the school daily to teach the children the curriculum as well as lessons in computers. The aim is to equip them for the job market.
The teachers impart job-oriented courses, so that they can get selected in competitive exams conducted by the government.
A similar center is run by IICD for blind students where about 20 students learn in Braille at its center in Mehdipatnam. Here too the students are taught computers and other job-oriented courses.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Understanding Ataxia
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Headlines March 25, 2019 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News