School for disabled kids in Hyderabad focuses on all-round development
The Ideal School for Deaf in Malakpet in Hyderabad is doing much more than just teach disabled children. The 100-odd students here get trained and equipped with skills that will help them with a brighter future. The school teaches children across all religious lines.
The school is run by the Ideal Information Centre for Disabled (IICD). It is a part of the social project of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
The teachers at the school also have disabilities. They visit the school daily to teach the children the curriculum as well as lessons in computers. The aim is to equip them for the job market.
The teachers impart job-oriented courses, so that they can get selected in competitive exams conducted by the government.
A similar center is run by IICD for blind students where about 20 students learn in Braille at its center in Mehdipatnam. Here too the students are taught computers and other job-oriented courses.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Accessibility January 15, 2019 Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
- Events January 19, 2019 Workshop on Secrets to Deal with ADHD Children
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 "I asked for my khukri & cut off my leg"- My Take by Ian Cardozo, 1st war disabled Indian soldier to lead a battalion
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 8, 2019
Get-hooked January 15, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News