School for disabled kids in Hyderabad focuses on all-round development
April 6, 2018
The Ideal School for Deaf in Malakpet in Hyderabad is doing much more than just teach disabled children. The 100-odd students here get trained and equipped with skills that will help them with a brighter future. The school teaches children across all religious lines.
The school is run by the Ideal Information Centre for Disabled (IICD). It is a part of the social project of Jamaat-e-Islami Hind.
The teachers at the school also have disabilities. They visit the school daily to teach the children the curriculum as well as lessons in computers. The aim is to equip them for the job market.
The teachers impart job-oriented courses, so that they can get selected in competitive exams conducted by the government.
A similar center is run by IICD for blind students where about 20 students learn in Braille at its center in Mehdipatnam. Here too the students are taught computers and other job-oriented courses.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News