Lucknow Municipal Corporation fails to meet accessibility guidelines in making toilets
The Lucknow Municipal Corporation has not been able to meet the target of toilet construction set under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
The toilets that have been made do not meet the guidelines set. They are not accessible for people with disabilities.
Reports are that the Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC) ignored the rules set by the central government regarding accessibility.
The structures lack basic facilities for disabled people, the elderly, and children.
The toilets do not have ramps, railings by the stairs, or low-height urinals for children.
This was even after a survey was held prior to the start of construction. So far, the LMC has built only 25 toilets. This is despite getting Rs 1.2 crore from the central government for the purpose.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News