Lucknow Municipal Corporation fails to meet accessibility guidelines in making toilets
The Lucknow Municipal Corporation has not been able to meet the target of toilet construction set under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
The toilets that have been made do not meet the guidelines set. They are not accessible for people with disabilities.
Reports are that the Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC) ignored the rules set by the central government regarding accessibility.
The structures lack basic facilities for disabled people, the elderly, and children.
The toilets do not have ramps, railings by the stairs, or low-height urinals for children.
This was even after a survey was held prior to the start of construction. So far, the LMC has built only 25 toilets. This is despite getting Rs 1.2 crore from the central government for the purpose.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Supreme Court allows dance bars in Maharashtra to reopen
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility January 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News