Lucknow Municipal Corporation fails to meet accessibility guidelines in making toilets
April 6, 2018
The Lucknow Municipal Corporation has not been able to meet the target of toilet construction set under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
The toilets that have been made do not meet the guidelines set. They are not accessible for people with disabilities.
Reports are that the Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC) ignored the rules set by the central government regarding accessibility.
The structures lack basic facilities for disabled people, the elderly, and children.
The toilets do not have ramps, railings by the stairs, or low-height urinals for children.
This was even after a survey was held prior to the start of construction. So far, the LMC has built only 25 toilets. This is despite getting Rs 1.2 crore from the central government for the purpose.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Events August 14, 2019 Deaf short film Festival 2019
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Get-Hooked August 13, 2019 Enjoy this Independence Day with an inclusive trek at Raigad, Maharashtra
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News