This paralyzed doctor does surgeries from a wheelchair!
Dr Ted Rummel is an orthopedic surgeon who does surgeries from a wheelchair. Dr Rummel, who is from the state of Missouri in the United States, was paralyzed in 2010 after a blood-filled cyst burst in his spine.
However, that has not kept him from pursuing his passion, which is to be a doctor.
After more than a year in rehabilitation, Dr Rummel came back to work. He started doing surgeries from a traditional wheelchair.
Dr Rummel credits his family and friends for their support during his difficult times. He calls his recovery a powerful experience. He performs surgeries on a stand-up wheelchair with the help of colleagues.
Dr Rummel says that every time he does a surgery, he gets a part of his life back. Initially, he would operate on certain body parts, like the hands, elbows, and knees. He could not do surgeries on shoulders.
Now he has overcome that by using a stand-up wheelchair. Clearly, there is no stopping Dr Rummel.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News