This paralyzed doctor does surgeries from a wheelchair!
April 7, 2018
Dr Ted Rummel is an orthopedic surgeon who does surgeries from a wheelchair. Dr Rummel, who is from the state of Missouri in the United States, was paralyzed in 2010 after a blood-filled cyst burst in his spine.
However, that has not kept him from pursuing his passion, which is to be a doctor.
After more than a year in rehabilitation, Dr Rummel came back to work. He started doing surgeries from a traditional wheelchair.
Dr Rummel credits his family and friends for their support during his difficult times. He calls his recovery a powerful experience. He performs surgeries on a stand-up wheelchair with the help of colleagues.
Dr Rummel says that every time he does a surgery, he gets a part of his life back. Initially, he would operate on certain body parts, like the hands, elbows, and knees. He could not do surgeries on shoulders.
Now he has overcome that by using a stand-up wheelchair. Clearly, there is no stopping Dr Rummel.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News