Two deaf representatives appointed in Coordination Committee for disabled people in Maharashtra
April 10, 2018
Recently a state level meeting was held that was attended by the State Level Association of the Deaf- SLAD and government representatives in Mumbai.
The meeting was supervised by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis.
The members of SLAD presented their various demands to the government.
One of the demand was to appoint deaf representatives to the government's Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
This demand was met and two deaf representative have now been appointed as the as Non-Government Members of the Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
The recommendation of the representatives was made by the Commissioner of Social Welfare Department, Pune. The two new appointees are:
Mr. Manoj Patwari from Jalna, President of SLAD, Aurangabad
- Mr. Aniket Selgaonkar from Parbhani, General Secretary of SLAD, Aurangabad
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 25, 2019 18 children killed in fire at Surat building
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News