Two deaf representatives appointed in Coordination Committee for disabled people in Maharashtra
April 10, 2018
Recently a state level meeting was held that was attended by the State Level Association of the Deaf- SLAD and government representatives in Mumbai.
The meeting was supervised by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis.
The members of SLAD presented their various demands to the government.
One of the demand was to appoint deaf representatives to the government's Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
This demand was met and two deaf representative have now been appointed as the as Non-Government Members of the Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
The recommendation of the representatives was made by the Commissioner of Social Welfare Department, Pune. The two new appointees are:
Mr. Manoj Patwari from Jalna, President of SLAD, Aurangabad
- Mr. Aniket Selgaonkar from Parbhani, General Secretary of SLAD, Aurangabad
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Headlines March 20, 2019 Madhya Pradesh girl raped & killed, uncle & brothers accused
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News