Two deaf representatives appointed in Coordination Committee for disabled people in Maharashtra
April 10, 2018
Recently a state level meeting was held that was attended by the State Level Association of the Deaf- SLAD and government representatives in Mumbai.
The meeting was supervised by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis.
The members of SLAD presented their various demands to the government.
One of the demand was to appoint deaf representatives to the government's Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
This demand was met and two deaf representative have now been appointed as the as Non-Government Members of the Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
The recommendation of the representatives was made by the Commissioner of Social Welfare Department, Pune. The two new appointees are:
Mr. Manoj Patwari from Jalna, President of SLAD, Aurangabad
- Mr. Aniket Selgaonkar from Parbhani, General Secretary of SLAD, Aurangabad
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News