Two deaf representatives appointed in Coordination Committee for disabled people in Maharashtra
Recently a state level meeting was held that was attended by the State Level Association of the Deaf- SLAD and government representatives in Mumbai.
The meeting was supervised by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis.
The members of SLAD presented their various demands to the government.
One of the demand was to appoint deaf representatives to the government’s Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
This demand was met and two deaf representative have now been appointed as the as Non-Government Members of the Coordination Committee for persons with disabilities.
The recommendation of the representatives was made by the Commissioner of Social Welfare Department, Pune. The two new appointees are:
Mr. Manoj Patwari from Jalna, President of SLAD, Aurangabad
- Mr. Aniket Selgaonkar from Parbhani, General Secretary of SLAD, Aurangabad
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Events January 20, 2019 Behavior Management Workshop
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Headlines January 22, 2019 India vs New Zealand - Dhoni close to breaking Sachin's record
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Jadavpur University Professor sacked for sexist remarks
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News