Technology enables blind classical musician, Mohana Krishna, to have a successful career
Renowned music exponent DV Mohana Krishna has never let lack of vision act as a barrier in pursuing a successful career in music.
Born and brought up in Andhra Pradesh, Mohana Krishna became interested in music as a child and started to pursue it from an early age. He started off by learning film songs. After seeing his interest in music, his mother bought him a tape recorder, so he could hear songs.
The first cassette that he heard was of that of the legendary Carnatic musician, Dr Balamurali Krishna. Mohana Krishna's father took him to Chennai to meet the musician. Dr Krishna heard his voice and accepted him as a student.
Mohana Krishna started losing his vision when he was in class 4. He had pigment formation on the retina, and he gradually lost his vision. By the time he finished his graduation, he was totally blind.
Mohana Krishna never learned Braille and depends on his memory completely. He has over 300 students in India and abroad. He teaches music both online and at home.
Mohana Krishna says thanks to technology, lack of vision has never been a barrier.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018