Concessions offered to disabled people by Indian Railways
The vast network of Indian Railways remains the most used mode of transport in the country.
As per data, at least 70 million passengers used the Indian Railways in 2017.
The railways offers several concessions to people in various categories to promote its services and provide benefits to the travelers.
Some of the categories include senior citizens, disabled people, patients, awardees, war widows, students, youths, sportspersons, artists, medical professionals, farmers, and many more.
Here are some of the concessions given by the Indian railways.
People with disabilities and patients get the most compensations and are followed by senior citizens.
People with disabilities get at a maximum of 75% discount in second class, Sleeper Class, First Class, Three-tier AC, AC chair car.
Similarly, cancer, thalassemia, heart, kidney, haemophilia, TB patients can avail concessions.
Senior citizens of Indian nationality, aged 60 or above, can get a compensation of up to 40% on tickets and women of 58 years can avail up to 50% discount.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
December 18, 2018
- How a trek led to the start of a larger journey - My Take by P Devendra, Founder, Nayan Foundation
December 18, 2018
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Parasports December 18, 2018 Para athletes see opportunities in Citi-International Paralympic Committee partnership
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018