Concessions offered to disabled people by Indian Railways
The vast network of Indian Railways remains the most used mode of transport in the country.
As per data, at least 70 million passengers used the Indian Railways in 2017.
The railways offers several concessions to people in various categories to promote its services and provide benefits to the travelers.
Some of the categories include senior citizens, disabled people, patients, awardees, war widows, students, youths, sportspersons, artists, medical professionals, farmers, and many more.
Here are some of the concessions given by the Indian railways.
People with disabilities and patients get the most compensations and are followed by senior citizens.
People with disabilities get at a maximum of 75% discount in second class, Sleeper Class, First Class, Three-tier AC, AC chair car.
Similarly, cancer, thalassemia, heart, kidney, haemophilia, TB patients can avail concessions.
Senior citizens of Indian nationality, aged 60 or above, can get a compensation of up to 40% on tickets and women of 58 years can avail up to 50% discount.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019