Concessions offered to disabled people by Indian Railways
The vast network of Indian Railways remains the most used mode of transport in the country.
As per data, at least 70 million passengers used the Indian Railways in 2017.
The railways offers several concessions to people in various categories to promote its services and provide benefits to the travelers.
Some of the categories include senior citizens, disabled people, patients, awardees, war widows, students, youths, sportspersons, artists, medical professionals, farmers, and many more.
Here are some of the concessions given by the Indian railways.
People with disabilities and patients get the most compensations and are followed by senior citizens.
People with disabilities get at a maximum of 75% discount in second class, Sleeper Class, First Class, Three-tier AC, AC chair car.
Similarly, cancer, thalassemia, heart, kidney, haemophilia, TB patients can avail concessions.
Senior citizens of Indian nationality, aged 60 or above, can get a compensation of up to 40% on tickets and women of 58 years can avail up to 50% discount.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News