This blind software engineer loves his job at Amazon
Michael Forzano is a blind software engineer with a knack for writing programming codes.
26-year-old Forzano works with the e- commerce business company Amazon and loves his job.
Forzano was born blind due to a genetic condition called Norrie disease. His hearing ability was also affected after a few years and now he uses cochlear implants to hear.
He used to enjoy playing audio-based computer games and that got him interested in writing programs. He graduated in computer science and now works as a software developer at Amazon.
He has a guide dog named Delta and is happy with his career and life.
Forzano does his work on a standard laptop with screen-reader software. The software translates all the functions of a computer into audio cues.
He works in the Retail Accessibility team of Amazon. His team makes tools that help other teams make features that are accessible to customers with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 This special school in Madurai focuses on various therapies for disabled children
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News