This blind software engineer loves his job at Amazon
Michael Forzano is a blind software engineer with a knack for writing programming codes.
26-year-old Forzano works with the e- commerce business company Amazon and loves his job.
Forzano was born blind due to a genetic condition called Norrie disease. His hearing ability was also affected after a few years and now he uses cochlear implants to hear.
He used to enjoy playing audio-based computer games and that got him interested in writing programs. He graduated in computer science and now works as a software developer at Amazon.
He has a guide dog named Delta and is happy with his career and life.
Forzano does his work on a standard laptop with screen-reader software. The software translates all the functions of a computer into audio cues.
He works in the Retail Accessibility team of Amazon. His team makes tools that help other teams make features that are accessible to customers with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Trump tells India & Pakistan to get along
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News