This blind software engineer loves his job at Amazon
April 10, 2018
Michael Forzano is a blind software engineer with a knack for writing programming codes.
26-year-old Forzano works with the e- commerce business company Amazon and loves his job.
Forzano was born blind due to a genetic condition called Norrie disease. His hearing ability was also affected after a few years and now he uses cochlear implants to hear.
He used to enjoy playing audio-based computer games and that got him interested in writing programs. He graduated in computer science and now works as a software developer at Amazon.
He has a guide dog named Delta and is happy with his career and life.
Forzano does his work on a standard laptop with screen-reader software. The software translates all the functions of a computer into audio cues.
He works in the Retail Accessibility team of Amazon. His team makes tools that help other teams make features that are accessible to customers with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News