This blind software engineer loves his job at Amazon
April 10, 2018
Michael Forzano is a blind software engineer with a knack for writing programming codes.
26-year-old Forzano works with the e- commerce business company Amazon and loves his job.
Forzano was born blind due to a genetic condition called Norrie disease. His hearing ability was also affected after a few years and now he uses cochlear implants to hear.
He used to enjoy playing audio-based computer games and that got him interested in writing programs. He graduated in computer science and now works as a software developer at Amazon.
He has a guide dog named Delta and is happy with his career and life.
Forzano does his work on a standard laptop with screen-reader software. The software translates all the functions of a computer into audio cues.
He works in the Retail Accessibility team of Amazon. His team makes tools that help other teams make features that are accessible to customers with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Technology June 27, 2019 #TechThursdays - Sensor-based device Saarthi is enabling blind people to move about independently
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News