Magnetic closures in dresses to button loops in jeans, Tommy Adaptive blends accessibility & style!
April 11, 2018
Tommy Hilfiger's new spring collection makes dressing easy for everyone, including people with disabilities.
Called Tommy Adaptive line, the spring collection has functional modifications to accommodate various physical conditions.
One of the women's dresses, for instance, has magnetic closures at the shoulders. These allow the dress to be easily pulled on over the head if the wearer has limited mobility.
Then there are the slim-fit jeans for men that have Velcro and magnets in place of the usual zippers and buttons. This makes it easier for people with limited dexterity to wear them.
There are also hidden button loops at the leg opening that allow the hem to be raised up by four inches to accommodate leg braces or height differences.
The clothes look like the other designs in Tommy Hilfiger's main collection. The company designed the accessible line in consultation with Paralympian Jeremy Campbell, paraplegic dancer Chelsie Hill, and amputee model Mama Cax.
Inclusivity and the democratization of fashion have always been at the core of our brand's DNA. Tommy Adaptive continues to build on that vision, empowering people to express themselves through fashion - Tommy Hilfiger website
Tommy Adaptive was first introduced as a line for children in 2016. It was later expanded to include clothing for adults.
Other brands that offer adaptive lines for people with disabilities are Target and Zappos.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News