Magnetic closures in dresses to button loops in jeans, Tommy Adaptive blends accessibility & style!
Tommy Hilfiger's new spring collection makes dressing easy for everyone, including people with disabilities.
Called Tommy Adaptive line, the spring collection has functional modifications to accommodate various physical conditions.
One of the women's dresses, for instance, has magnetic closures at the shoulders. These allow the dress to be easily pulled on over the head if the wearer has limited mobility.
Then there are the slim-fit jeans for men that have Velcro and magnets in place of the usual zippers and buttons. This makes it easier for people with limited dexterity to wear them.
There are also hidden button loops at the leg opening that allow the hem to be raised up by four inches to accommodate leg braces or height differences.
The clothes look like the other designs in Tommy Hilfiger's main collection. The company designed the accessible line in consultation with Paralympian Jeremy Campbell, paraplegic dancer Chelsie Hill, and amputee model Mama Cax.
Inclusivity and the democratization of fashion have always been at the core of our brand's DNA. Tommy Adaptive continues to build on that vision, empowering people to express themselves through fashion - Tommy Hilfiger website
Tommy Adaptive was first introduced as a line for children in 2016. It was later expanded to include clothing for adults.
Other brands that offer adaptive lines for people with disabilities are Target and Zappos.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News