Magnetic closures in dresses to button loops in jeans, Tommy Adaptive blends accessibility & style!
Tommy Hilfiger's new spring collection makes dressing easy for everyone, including people with disabilities.
Called Tommy Adaptive line, the spring collection has functional modifications to accommodate various physical conditions.
One of the women's dresses, for instance, has magnetic closures at the shoulders. These allow the dress to be easily pulled on over the head if the wearer has limited mobility.
Then there are the slim-fit jeans for men that have Velcro and magnets in place of the usual zippers and buttons. This makes it easier for people with limited dexterity to wear them.
There are also hidden button loops at the leg opening that allow the hem to be raised up by four inches to accommodate leg braces or height differences.
The clothes look like the other designs in Tommy Hilfiger's main collection. The company designed the accessible line in consultation with Paralympian Jeremy Campbell, paraplegic dancer Chelsie Hill, and amputee model Mama Cax.
Inclusivity and the democratization of fashion have always been at the core of our brand's DNA. Tommy Adaptive continues to build on that vision, empowering people to express themselves through fashion - Tommy Hilfiger website
Tommy Adaptive was first introduced as a line for children in 2016. It was later expanded to include clothing for adults.
Other brands that offer adaptive lines for people with disabilities are Target and Zappos.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018