Delhi University student Nishtha Dudeja is Miss India Deaf 2018!
April 11, 2018
22-year-old Nishtha Dudeja has been crowned Miss India Deaf 2018.
The commerce student from Venkateshwara College won the title at a contest in Jaipur.
The three-day pageant was organized by Rajputana Deaf Arts and Culture Society (RDACS) and All India Deaf Arts and Culture Society (AIDACS).
Nishtha's long-term plan is to work for public welfare. She has many achievements to her credit. She is an accomplished tennis player too. She represented India in lawn tennis during the Deaflympics 2013 in Bulgaria, the World Deaf Tennis Championship 2015 in the United Kingdom, and the Deaflympics 2017 in Turkey.
Nishtha says the credit for her success goes to her father who has always been her strength. Nishtha was born deaf and underwent seven years of speech therapy. She spent many weeks working on her walk, make-up, and dance for the contest.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News