Delhi University student Nishtha Dudeja is Miss India Deaf 2018!
April 11, 2018
22-year-old Nishtha Dudeja has been crowned Miss India Deaf 2018.
The commerce student from Venkateshwara College won the title at a contest in Jaipur.
The three-day pageant was organized by Rajputana Deaf Arts and Culture Society (RDACS) and All India Deaf Arts and Culture Society (AIDACS).
Nishtha's long-term plan is to work for public welfare. She has many achievements to her credit. She is an accomplished tennis player too. She represented India in lawn tennis during the Deaflympics 2013 in Bulgaria, the World Deaf Tennis Championship 2015 in the United Kingdom, and the Deaflympics 2017 in Turkey.
Nishtha says the credit for her success goes to her father who has always been her strength. Nishtha was born deaf and underwent seven years of speech therapy. She spent many weeks working on her walk, make-up, and dance for the contest.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Driving change in attitudes towards disability in Jammu-Kashmir - My Take by Dildar Ahmad Shapoo
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News