Vikaas - Day Care scheme for children with disabilities above 10 years
The National Trust has many schemes to educate and empower children with disabilities.
Today we look at Vikaas Day Care Scheme.
This is a scheme for people with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities above the age of 10 years. The aim is to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- A day care scheme that aims to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- Each batch will have 30 disabled people.
- Day care open for at least 21 days in a month.
- Care-giving support offered to disabled person at the centers.
- Provide family members of disabled people with a secure space where they can leave them to meet other responsibilities.
- Day care offered for at least six hours in a day accompanied by age-specific activities.
- Scheme available across India, except Jammu & Kashmir.
Eligibility for Vikaas
- Only for disabled people of 10 years and above.
- Should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Samarth or Gharaunda schemes at the same time.
How to enrol
- Disabled person has to come to center with required proofs. Details given below.
- Assessment of disabled person done at Vikaas center with therapist.
- Guidance given to parents about list of mainstream and special schools where person can go. Details also given of Vikaas centers where disabled person can go.
- If parents choose Vikaas center, then they have to fill out enrollment form and show proofs.
What to bring for enrollment :
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate or Date of Birth proof of candidate
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parents or guardian
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Residence (Local) proof. This is compulsory if disabled person is using transport facility.
- Declaration proof of guardianship if disabled person is less than 18 years old and parents are not the guardians. Or LG certificate, if the disabled person is over 18 years of age and parents are not the guardians.
Click here to know more about the scheme - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/vikaas.php
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News