Vikaas - Day Care scheme for children with disabilities above 10 years
April 11, 2018
The National Trust has many schemes to educate and empower children with disabilities.
Today we look at Vikaas Day Care Scheme.
This is a scheme for people with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities above the age of 10 years. The aim is to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- A day care scheme that aims to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- Each batch will have 30 disabled people.
- Day care open for at least 21 days in a month.
- Care-giving support offered to disabled person at the centers.
- Provide family members of disabled people with a secure space where they can leave them to meet other responsibilities.
- Day care offered for at least six hours in a day accompanied by age-specific activities.
- Scheme available across India, except Jammu & Kashmir.
Eligibility for Vikaas
- Only for disabled people of 10 years and above.
- Should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Samarth or Gharaunda schemes at the same time.
How to enrol
- Disabled person has to come to center with required proofs. Details given below.
- Assessment of disabled person done at Vikaas center with therapist.
- Guidance given to parents about list of mainstream and special schools where person can go. Details also given of Vikaas centers where disabled person can go.
- If parents choose Vikaas center, then they have to fill out enrollment form and show proofs.
What to bring for enrollment :
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate or Date of Birth proof of candidate
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parents or guardian
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Residence (Local) proof. This is compulsory if disabled person is using transport facility.
- Declaration proof of guardianship if disabled person is less than 18 years old and parents are not the guardians. Or LG certificate, if the disabled person is over 18 years of age and parents are not the guardians.
Click here to know more about the scheme - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/vikaas.php
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News