Vikaas - Day Care scheme for children with disabilities above 10 years
April 11, 2018
The National Trust has many schemes to educate and empower children with disabilities.
Today we look at Vikaas Day Care Scheme.
This is a scheme for people with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities above the age of 10 years. The aim is to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- A day care scheme that aims to improve interpersonal and vocational skills.
- Each batch will have 30 disabled people.
- Day care open for at least 21 days in a month.
- Care-giving support offered to disabled person at the centers.
- Provide family members of disabled people with a secure space where they can leave them to meet other responsibilities.
- Day care offered for at least six hours in a day accompanied by age-specific activities.
- Scheme available across India, except Jammu & Kashmir.
Eligibility for Vikaas
- Only for disabled people of 10 years and above.
- Should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Samarth or Gharaunda schemes at the same time.
How to enrol
- Disabled person has to come to center with required proofs. Details given below.
- Assessment of disabled person done at Vikaas center with therapist.
- Guidance given to parents about list of mainstream and special schools where person can go. Details also given of Vikaas centers where disabled person can go.
- If parents choose Vikaas center, then they have to fill out enrollment form and show proofs.
What to bring for enrollment :
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate or Date of Birth proof of candidate
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parents or guardian
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Residence (Local) proof. This is compulsory if disabled person is using transport facility.
- Declaration proof of guardianship if disabled person is less than 18 years old and parents are not the guardians. Or LG certificate, if the disabled person is over 18 years of age and parents are not the guardians.
Click here to know more about the scheme - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/vikaas.php
Watch in Sign Language
- Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
June 16, 2019
- Understanding Fibromyalgia
June 16, 2019
- Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Film by Diversity Dialogues hopes to trigger mindful conversations about workplace mental health
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News