5 fun activities for kids with disabilities this summer in Chennai
Summer holidays are upon us. Many parents are looking for activities to keep their children occupied in a creative and productive manner through these months.
Well, your wait is over because here on Newz Hook, we will bring you articles and listings of the various activities for children with special needs across different cities in India.
We start with Chennai!
A Very Very Special Camp - This 10-day camp promises to keep your kids involved in a range of activities like gardening, pottery, and even kalaripayatu, which is a Kerala martial art. This is for kids with all types of disabilities.
- Camp dates - 24 April to 4 May
- Age group - 5 to 15 years
- Timings - 4-7 PM
- Cost per head - Rs 7,000 per head
- Locations - Alwarpet, Anna Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Besant Nagar, Chrompet, Velachery
- CONTACT - 96596-50000
Swabodhini School for Special Children - This is a one-month fitness camp for children with autism and related challenges.
- Dates - 18 April - 14 May
- Age group - 10 years and above
- Timings - 4-5 PM, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Cost per head - Rs 2,500
- Location - Velacherry Guru Nanak campus
- CONTACT - 9884281527
Learning Camp for Blind Students - The Indian Association for the Blind is organizing a 10-day camp for blind students. The children will be taught computer skills, Braille learning, among others. What's more, its free!
- Camp dates - 2 to 12 May 2018
- Age group - Class 6 to Class 12 students
- Cost - Free
- Timings - 9 AM - 5 PM
- Location - Kodambakkam
- CONTACT - 9600896222
Social Skills and Communication Camp - This five-day camp is by the organization Ekadaksha. Children will be taught dance, creative arts, and performances. This is for children with autism, slow learners, developmental delays, and hyperactivity.
- Camp dates - April 28 - May 2. Register by 17 April, 2018.
- Age group - 4-10 years.
- Cost per head - Rs 2,000
- Timings - 11 AM to 1 PM
- Location - R A Puram
- CONTACT - -9940676288
Swimming camps - There are plenty of swimming opportunities for kids with special needs in Chennai all through the summer. Special Olympics Coach Sathish Kumar and his team offer one-on-one training to kids with a range of disabilities. The coaches are also open to teaching your child in a pool where you have a prior arrangement.
- Dates - All through the summer holidays
- Age group - 4 years and above
- Timings - As per mutual convenience
- Location -Koyambedu, YMCA Nandanam
- Cost per head - Up To Rs 500 a session.
- CONTACT - 9677151253
Watch in Sign Language
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
- Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
February 16, 2019
- The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019