5 fun activities for kids with disabilities this summer in Chennai
April 13, 2018
Summer holidays are upon us. Many parents are looking for activities to keep their children occupied in a creative and productive manner through these months.
Well, your wait is over because here on Newz Hook, we will bring you articles and listings of the various activities for children with special needs across different cities in India.
We start with Chennai!
A Very Very Special Camp - This 10-day camp promises to keep your kids involved in a range of activities like gardening, pottery, and even kalaripayatu, which is a Kerala martial art. This is for kids with all types of disabilities.
- Camp dates - 24 April to 4 May
- Age group - 5 to 15 years
- Timings - 4-7 PM
- Cost per head - Rs 7,000 per head
- Locations - Alwarpet, Anna Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Besant Nagar, Chrompet, Velachery
- CONTACT - 96596-50000
Swabodhini School for Special Children - This is a one-month fitness camp for children with autism and related challenges.
- Dates - 18 April - 14 May
- Age group - 10 years and above
- Timings - 4-5 PM, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Cost per head - Rs 2,500
- Location - Velacherry Guru Nanak campus
- CONTACT - 9884281527
Learning Camp for Blind Students - The Indian Association for the Blind is organizing a 10-day camp for blind students. The children will be taught computer skills, Braille learning, among others. What's more, its free!
- Camp dates - 2 to 12 May 2018
- Age group - Class 6 to Class 12 students
- Cost - Free
- Timings - 9 AM - 5 PM
- Location - Kodambakkam
- CONTACT - 9600896222
Social Skills and Communication Camp - This five-day camp is by the organization Ekadaksha. Children will be taught dance, creative arts, and performances. This is for children with autism, slow learners, developmental delays, and hyperactivity.
- Camp dates - April 28 - May 2. Register by 17 April, 2018.
- Age group - 4-10 years.
- Cost per head - Rs 2,000
- Timings - 11 AM to 1 PM
- Location - R A Puram
- CONTACT - -9940676288
Swimming camps - There are plenty of swimming opportunities for kids with special needs in Chennai all through the summer. Special Olympics Coach Sathish Kumar and his team offer one-on-one training to kids with a range of disabilities. The coaches are also open to teaching your child in a pool where you have a prior arrangement.
- Dates - All through the summer holidays
- Age group - 4 years and above
- Timings - As per mutual convenience
- Location -Koyambedu, YMCA Nandanam
- Cost per head - Up To Rs 500 a session.
- CONTACT - 9677151253
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports August 15, 2019 #IStandIndependent - Disability led Madhusudan to discover a talent for wheelchair tennis
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Abhinandan Varthaman to get Vir Chakra on Independence Day
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Chandrayaan 2 heading towards the Moon
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News