5 fun activities for kids with disabilities this summer in Chennai
April 13, 2018
Summer holidays are upon us. Many parents are looking for activities to keep their children occupied in a creative and productive manner through these months.
Well, your wait is over because here on Newz Hook, we will bring you articles and listings of the various activities for children with special needs across different cities in India.
We start with Chennai!
A Very Very Special Camp - This 10-day camp promises to keep your kids involved in a range of activities like gardening, pottery, and even kalaripayatu, which is a Kerala martial art. This is for kids with all types of disabilities.
- Camp dates - 24 April to 4 May
- Age group - 5 to 15 years
- Timings - 4-7 PM
- Cost per head - Rs 7,000 per head
- Locations - Alwarpet, Anna Nagar, Ashok Nagar, Besant Nagar, Chrompet, Velachery
- CONTACT - 96596-50000
Swabodhini School for Special Children - This is a one-month fitness camp for children with autism and related challenges.
- Dates - 18 April - 14 May
- Age group - 10 years and above
- Timings - 4-5 PM, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Cost per head - Rs 2,500
- Location - Velacherry Guru Nanak campus
- CONTACT - 9884281527
Learning Camp for Blind Students - The Indian Association for the Blind is organizing a 10-day camp for blind students. The children will be taught computer skills, Braille learning, among others. What's more, its free!
- Camp dates - 2 to 12 May 2018
- Age group - Class 6 to Class 12 students
- Cost - Free
- Timings - 9 AM - 5 PM
- Location - Kodambakkam
- CONTACT - 9600896222
Social Skills and Communication Camp - This five-day camp is by the organization Ekadaksha. Children will be taught dance, creative arts, and performances. This is for children with autism, slow learners, developmental delays, and hyperactivity.
- Camp dates - April 28 - May 2. Register by 17 April, 2018.
- Age group - 4-10 years.
- Cost per head - Rs 2,000
- Timings - 11 AM to 1 PM
- Location - R A Puram
- CONTACT - -9940676288
Swimming camps - There are plenty of swimming opportunities for kids with special needs in Chennai all through the summer. Special Olympics Coach Sathish Kumar and his team offer one-on-one training to kids with a range of disabilities. The coaches are also open to teaching your child in a pool where you have a prior arrangement.
- Dates - All through the summer holidays
- Age group - 4 years and above
- Timings - As per mutual convenience
- Location -Koyambedu, YMCA Nandanam
- Cost per head - Up To Rs 500 a session.
- CONTACT - 9677151253
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News