Augmented Reality Sign Language app translates many sign language versions
April 11, 2018
Three college students in the United States have created an app that sounds awesome. It is a mobile app that translates sign language!
This mobile app is called Augmented Reality Sign Language. The app can translate between different versions of sign language.
The app will translate what a deaf person signs to a person who does not know sign language. When the non-signer speaks, the app will translate it to sign language.
Jacky Chen is one of the developers of the app. He says that the best part about the app is that it can translate multiple forms of sign language.
There is no universal form of sign language. Different countries have their own sign language. American Sign Language is very different from English Sign Language. There are more than 300 different sign languages in the world.
However, as the developers themselves point out, there are limitations to this new technology. There are chances that the translation can convey a wrong message. Some details can be missed out or be incorrect.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News