Augmented Reality Sign Language app translates many sign language versions
Three college students in the United States have created an app that sounds awesome. It is a mobile app that translates sign language!
This mobile app is called Augmented Reality Sign Language. The app can translate between different versions of sign language.
The app will translate what a deaf person signs to a person who does not know sign language. When the non-signer speaks, the app will translate it to sign language.
Jacky Chen is one of the developers of the app. He says that the best part about the app is that it can translate multiple forms of sign language.
There is no universal form of sign language. Different countries have their own sign language. American Sign Language is very different from English Sign Language. There are more than 300 different sign languages in the world.
However, as the developers themselves point out, there are limitations to this new technology. There are chances that the translation can convey a wrong message. Some details can be missed out or be incorrect.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 What makes them Disability Heroes - World Disability Day Special
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Diabetes-related eye diseases is the leading cause of blindness in India, says study
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News