Augmented Reality Sign Language app translates many sign language versions
Three college students in the United States have created an app that sounds awesome. It is a mobile app that translates sign language!
This mobile app is called Augmented Reality Sign Language. The app can translate between different versions of sign language.
The app will translate what a deaf person signs to a person who does not know sign language. When the non-signer speaks, the app will translate it to sign language.
Jacky Chen is one of the developers of the app. He says that the best part about the app is that it can translate multiple forms of sign language.
There is no universal form of sign language. Different countries have their own sign language. American Sign Language is very different from English Sign Language. There are more than 300 different sign languages in the world.
However, as the developers themselves point out, there are limitations to this new technology. There are chances that the translation can convey a wrong message. Some details can be missed out or be incorrect.
Watch in Sign Language
- This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
October 19, 2018
- Cycling for children with autism, some information
October 19, 2018
- ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Some ways to celebrate an inclusive dandiya festival
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Strengthening the parent-child bond is key to empowering kids with autism at Aarambh
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Mental Illness
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News