Augmented Reality Sign Language app translates many sign language versions
Three college students in the United States have created an app that sounds awesome. It is a mobile app that translates sign language!
This mobile app is called Augmented Reality Sign Language. The app can translate between different versions of sign language.
The app will translate what a deaf person signs to a person who does not know sign language. When the non-signer speaks, the app will translate it to sign language.
Jacky Chen is one of the developers of the app. He says that the best part about the app is that it can translate multiple forms of sign language.
There is no universal form of sign language. Different countries have their own sign language. American Sign Language is very different from English Sign Language. There are more than 300 different sign languages in the world.
However, as the developers themselves point out, there are limitations to this new technology. There are chances that the translation can convey a wrong message. Some details can be missed out or be incorrect.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
February 21, 2019
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News