A speech and hearing therapy centre to be built in Shivamogga, Karnataka
Shivamogga Round Table-166 and Shivamogga Malnad Table-266, two charitable organizations that are part of the Round Table India initiative, will set up a speech and hearing therapy and training centre in Shivamogga district, Karnataka to help local children who are born with hearing and speech impairments to live a normal life.
The centre will be equipped to detect problems associated with hearing and speech at early stages in children and will also provide medical treatment and give required training, which will enable children to improve their hearing and speaking.
At present there is no such centre in the district. If hearing problems are detected early and treatment and rehabilitation are given, children can attend regular school by the age of six, said a member from one of the organizations. The centre will be a no-profit-no-loss facility and parents will no longer have to travel with their children to centres at other cities like Bengaluru and Mysure for treatment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019