A speech and hearing therapy centre to be built in Shivamogga, Karnataka
May 1, 2016
Shivamogga Round Table-166 and Shivamogga Malnad Table-266, two charitable organizations that are part of the Round Table India initiative, will set up a speech and hearing therapy and training centre in Shivamogga district, Karnataka to help local children who are born with hearing and speech impairments to live a normal life.
The centre will be equipped to detect problems associated with hearing and speech at early stages in children and will also provide medical treatment and give required training, which will enable children to improve their hearing and speaking.
At present there is no such centre in the district. If hearing problems are detected early and treatment and rehabilitation are given, children can attend regular school by the age of six, said a member from one of the organizations. The centre will be a no-profit-no-loss facility and parents will no longer have to travel with their children to centres at other cities like Bengaluru and Mysure for treatment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News