A speech and hearing therapy centre to be built in Shivamogga, Karnataka
May 1, 2016
Shivamogga Round Table-166 and Shivamogga Malnad Table-266, two charitable organizations that are part of the Round Table India initiative, will set up a speech and hearing therapy and training centre in Shivamogga district, Karnataka to help local children who are born with hearing and speech impairments to live a normal life.
The centre will be equipped to detect problems associated with hearing and speech at early stages in children and will also provide medical treatment and give required training, which will enable children to improve their hearing and speaking.
At present there is no such centre in the district. If hearing problems are detected early and treatment and rehabilitation are given, children can attend regular school by the age of six, said a member from one of the organizations. The centre will be a no-profit-no-loss facility and parents will no longer have to travel with their children to centres at other cities like Bengaluru and Mysure for treatment.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News