Brain implants enable paralyzed man to feel limbs
April 12, 2018
Scientists have been successful in stimulating sensation in the arm of a paralyzed man with the help of implants.
The implants stimulated a specific part of the brain that helped the patient feel his limbs.
The implants were tested on a paralyzed man with severe spinal cord injury. He is not able to move his limbs or feel them.
Tiny electrodes were surgically inserted into his brain and stimulating signals were sent. The patient was able to feel his limbs after almost three years .
Researchers are hoping that more research on the implants will help make dramatic improvements in the lives of people disabilities.
With the help of this technology people using prosthetics will be able to feel their limbs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News