Brain implants enable paralyzed man to feel limbs
Scientists have been successful in stimulating sensation in the arm of a paralyzed man with the help of implants.
The implants stimulated a specific part of the brain that helped the patient feel his limbs.
The implants were tested on a paralyzed man with severe spinal cord injury. He is not able to move his limbs or feel them.
Tiny electrodes were surgically inserted into his brain and stimulating signals were sent. The patient was able to feel his limbs after almost three years .
Researchers are hoping that more research on the implants will help make dramatic improvements in the lives of people disabilities.
With the help of this technology people using prosthetics will be able to feel their limbs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Accessibility November 12, 2018 I want to make a mobile app accessible to visually impaired! Really? - Guest column by Shilpi Kapoor, Founder, Barrier Break
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Events November 8, 2018 South India Level Blind Volleyball Tournament 2018
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Some life lessons when you raise a child with Down syndrome
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News