Brain implants enable paralyzed man to feel limbs
Scientists have been successful in stimulating sensation in the arm of a paralyzed man with the help of implants.
The implants stimulated a specific part of the brain that helped the patient feel his limbs.
The implants were tested on a paralyzed man with severe spinal cord injury. He is not able to move his limbs or feel them.
Tiny electrodes were surgically inserted into his brain and stimulating signals were sent. The patient was able to feel his limbs after almost three years .
Researchers are hoping that more research on the implants will help make dramatic improvements in the lives of people disabilities.
With the help of this technology people using prosthetics will be able to feel their limbs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News