Brain implants enable paralyzed man to feel limbs
April 12, 2018
Scientists have been successful in stimulating sensation in the arm of a paralyzed man with the help of implants.
The implants stimulated a specific part of the brain that helped the patient feel his limbs.
The implants were tested on a paralyzed man with severe spinal cord injury. He is not able to move his limbs or feel them.
Tiny electrodes were surgically inserted into his brain and stimulating signals were sent. The patient was able to feel his limbs after almost three years .
Researchers are hoping that more research on the implants will help make dramatic improvements in the lives of people disabilities.
With the help of this technology people using prosthetics will be able to feel their limbs.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News