Nepal all set to introduce accessible inclusive tourism
Nepal is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Now authorities going one step further to make it even more attractive for all tourists by introducing accessible facilities for people with disabilities.
Recently, the International Conference on Accessible Adventure (ICAA) 2018 was held at Pokhara in Nepal. At the event, authorities discussed the potential of accessible tourism. Introducing these facilities would make Nepal enable people with disabilities and the elderly to travel to Nepal.
One of the companies working in the field of accessible tourism in Nepal is Four Season Travel and Tours. The company has been working in this direction since 2014. It has initiated many projects for accessibility and inclusion.
The conference also talked about the inclusive and accessible tourism facilities in other parts of the world. There were discussions on how these facilities could be replicated in Nepal.
The conference also witnessed the opening of Nepal’s first 1.24-km long accessible from Kaskikot to Naundanda.
Officials plan to make prominent adventure spots accessible and inclusive as well. So the next time you are planning a holiday, do keep Nepal on your mind!
Watch in Sign Language
- Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
January 16, 2019
- Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
January 15, 2019
- Toybank - Development through Play is enabling disabled kids to discover the power of play
January 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 10, 2019 Some useful tips for wheelchair users
- Parasports January 13, 2019 Tributes pour in for deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth after historic win
- Events January 10, 2019 Job Fair for Persons with Disability - Mumbai
- Accessibility January 11, 2019 Court issues notice to RBI & Centre over inaccessible currency plea
- Accessibility January 16, 2019 Blind Faith Upgrade kit just the 1st step towards promoting accessibility, says Isobar India
- Get-hooked January 12, 2019 Lessons in ice skating & life skills at Ability Camp in Ladakh for disabled people
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Inclusion & music come together at this event in Delhi's Hans Raj College
- Education January 16, 2019 Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Accessibility January 14, 2019 Toybank - Development through Play is enabling disabled kids to discover the power of play
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News