Nepal all set to introduce accessible inclusive tourism
April 13, 2018
Nepal is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Now authorities going one step further to make it even more attractive for all tourists by introducing accessible facilities for people with disabilities.
Recently, the International Conference on Accessible Adventure (ICAA) 2018 was held at Pokhara in Nepal. At the event, authorities discussed the potential of accessible tourism. Introducing these facilities would make Nepal enable people with disabilities and the elderly to travel to Nepal.
One of the companies working in the field of accessible tourism in Nepal is Four Season Travel and Tours. The company has been working in this direction since 2014. It has initiated many projects for accessibility and inclusion.
The conference also talked about the inclusive and accessible tourism facilities in other parts of the world. There were discussions on how these facilities could be replicated in Nepal.
The conference also witnessed the opening of Nepal's first 1.24-km long accessible from Kaskikot to Naundanda.
Officials plan to make prominent adventure spots accessible and inclusive as well. So the next time you are planning a holiday, do keep Nepal on your mind!
Watch in Sign Language
- PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
March 25, 2019
- Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
March 22, 2019
- Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Disability rights rules amended for people with high support needs
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 In enabling son Advait to unlock his potential, mom Smrithy came into her own as an empowered parent
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Dance therapy does wonders for disabled kids. Check it out
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Disabled people share uncomfortable encounters on social media with hash tag #AbledsAreWeird
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News