Nepal all set to introduce accessible inclusive tourism
April 13, 2018
Nepal is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Now authorities going one step further to make it even more attractive for all tourists by introducing accessible facilities for people with disabilities.
Recently, the International Conference on Accessible Adventure (ICAA) 2018 was held at Pokhara in Nepal. At the event, authorities discussed the potential of accessible tourism. Introducing these facilities would make Nepal enable people with disabilities and the elderly to travel to Nepal.
One of the companies working in the field of accessible tourism in Nepal is Four Season Travel and Tours. The company has been working in this direction since 2014. It has initiated many projects for accessibility and inclusion.
The conference also talked about the inclusive and accessible tourism facilities in other parts of the world. There were discussions on how these facilities could be replicated in Nepal.
The conference also witnessed the opening of Nepal's first 1.24-km long accessible from Kaskikot to Naundanda.
Officials plan to make prominent adventure spots accessible and inclusive as well. So the next time you are planning a holiday, do keep Nepal on your mind!
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News