Nepal all set to introduce accessible inclusive tourism
Nepal is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Now authorities going one step further to make it even more attractive for all tourists by introducing accessible facilities for people with disabilities.
Recently, the International Conference on Accessible Adventure (ICAA) 2018 was held at Pokhara in Nepal. At the event, authorities discussed the potential of accessible tourism. Introducing these facilities would make Nepal enable people with disabilities and the elderly to travel to Nepal.
One of the companies working in the field of accessible tourism in Nepal is Four Season Travel and Tours. The company has been working in this direction since 2014. It has initiated many projects for accessibility and inclusion.
The conference also talked about the inclusive and accessible tourism facilities in other parts of the world. There were discussions on how these facilities could be replicated in Nepal.
The conference also witnessed the opening of Nepal’s first 1.24-km long accessible from Kaskikot to Naundanda.
Officials plan to make prominent adventure spots accessible and inclusive as well. So the next time you are planning a holiday, do keep Nepal on your mind!
Watch in Sign Language
- Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
November 16, 2018
- Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
November 15, 2018
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 Some activities for children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Events November 12, 2018 Inclov Social Spaces Mumbai - New Year Celebration
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 Some shopping tips for blind people
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News