Nepal all set to introduce accessible inclusive tourism
April 13, 2018
Nepal is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the world. Now authorities going one step further to make it even more attractive for all tourists by introducing accessible facilities for people with disabilities.
Recently, the International Conference on Accessible Adventure (ICAA) 2018 was held at Pokhara in Nepal. At the event, authorities discussed the potential of accessible tourism. Introducing these facilities would make Nepal enable people with disabilities and the elderly to travel to Nepal.
One of the companies working in the field of accessible tourism in Nepal is Four Season Travel and Tours. The company has been working in this direction since 2014. It has initiated many projects for accessibility and inclusion.
The conference also talked about the inclusive and accessible tourism facilities in other parts of the world. There were discussions on how these facilities could be replicated in Nepal.
The conference also witnessed the opening of Nepal's first 1.24-km long accessible from Kaskikot to Naundanda.
Officials plan to make prominent adventure spots accessible and inclusive as well. So the next time you are planning a holiday, do keep Nepal on your mind!
Watch in Sign Language
- Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
May 23, 2019
- Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
May 22, 2019
- Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
May 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News