Gharaunda - Group Home for adults with disabilities
The National Trust has many schemes for adults and children with disabilities.
Today we look at a scheme for adults, called Gharaunda.
Under this, housing and care services are provided throughout the lifetime of a person with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Adequate and quality care service with acceptable living standards. This includes provision of basic medical care from professional doctors.
- Vocational activities, pre-vocational activities and assistance for further training.
- Each batch will have 20 disabled adults.
- Scheme available across India except Jammu and Kashmir.
- One Medical room at each centre.
- One Activity room.
Eligibility for Gharaunda
- The person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- The person seeking to join should be above 18 years of age.
How to enrol
- Disabled adult comes to the center for Assessment Test.
- A check is made on whether the disabled person is eligible for lower income group (LIG) funding or below poverty line (BPL) funding.
- Parents or guardian have to fill the enrolment form, along with application fee, if needed. They have to present originals and photocopies of certain documents, which are listed later.
Documents for enrolment
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate of the person with disability.
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parent/guardian.
- ID proof of parent or guardian.
Click here to know more about Gharaunda -
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Accessibility January 18, 2019 Goa Carnival 2019 promises to be wheelchair accessible
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Parasports January 22, 2019 “My blade are my wings to fly”- My Take by Sajesh Krishnan, Kerala’s first blade runner
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News