Gharaunda - Group Home for adults with disabilities
April 14, 2018
The National Trust has many schemes for adults and children with disabilities.
Today we look at a scheme for adults, called Gharaunda.
Under this, housing and care services are provided throughout the lifetime of a person with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Adequate and quality care service with acceptable living standards. This includes provision of basic medical care from professional doctors.
- Vocational activities, pre-vocational activities and assistance for further training.
- Each batch will have 20 disabled adults.
- Scheme available across India except Jammu and Kashmir.
- One Medical room at each centre.
- One Activity room.
Eligibility for Gharaunda
- The person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- The person seeking to join should be above 18 years of age.
How to enrol
- Disabled adult comes to the center for Assessment Test.
- A check is made on whether the disabled person is eligible for lower income group (LIG) funding or below poverty line (BPL) funding.
- Parents or guardian have to fill the enrolment form, along with application fee, if needed. They have to present originals and photocopies of certain documents, which are listed later.
Documents for enrolment
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate of the person with disability.
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parent/guardian.
- ID proof of parent or guardian.
Click here to know more about Gharaunda -
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Rewire your brain – Guest Column by Dr Elavatsala Sharma
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Understanding Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
- Headlines March 18, 2019 New Zealand attack - 3 men from Hyderabad among 50 killed
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News