Gharaunda - Group Home for adults with disabilities
April 14, 2018
The National Trust has many schemes for adults and children with disabilities.
Today we look at a scheme for adults, called Gharaunda.
Under this, housing and care services are provided throughout the lifetime of a person with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Adequate and quality care service with acceptable living standards. This includes provision of basic medical care from professional doctors.
- Vocational activities, pre-vocational activities and assistance for further training.
- Each batch will have 20 disabled adults.
- Scheme available across India except Jammu and Kashmir.
- One Medical room at each centre.
- One Activity room.
Eligibility for Gharaunda
- The person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- The person seeking to join should be above 18 years of age.
How to enrol
- Disabled adult comes to the center for Assessment Test.
- A check is made on whether the disabled person is eligible for lower income group (LIG) funding or below poverty line (BPL) funding.
- Parents or guardian have to fill the enrolment form, along with application fee, if needed. They have to present originals and photocopies of certain documents, which are listed later.
Documents for enrolment
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate of the person with disability.
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parent/guardian.
- ID proof of parent or guardian.
Click here to know more about Gharaunda -
Watch in Sign Language
- Differences in viewpoints must be respected. - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
August 26, 2019
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News