Gharaunda - Group Home for adults with disabilities
April 14, 2018
The National Trust has many schemes for adults and children with disabilities.
Today we look at a scheme for adults, called Gharaunda.
Under this, housing and care services are provided throughout the lifetime of a person with autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- Adequate and quality care service with acceptable living standards. This includes provision of basic medical care from professional doctors.
- Vocational activities, pre-vocational activities and assistance for further training.
- Each batch will have 20 disabled adults.
- Scheme available across India except Jammu and Kashmir.
- One Medical room at each centre.
- One Activity room.
Eligibility for Gharaunda
- The person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999. These are autism, cerebral palsy, and multiple disabilities.
- The person seeking to join should be above 18 years of age.
How to enrol
- Disabled adult comes to the center for Assessment Test.
- A check is made on whether the disabled person is eligible for lower income group (LIG) funding or below poverty line (BPL) funding.
- Parents or guardian have to fill the enrolment form, along with application fee, if needed. They have to present originals and photocopies of certain documents, which are listed later.
Documents for enrolment
- Enrolment form
- Birth certificate of the person with disability.
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate or Income certificate of parent/guardian.
- ID proof of parent or guardian.
Click here to know more about Gharaunda -
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Headlines May 17, 2019 PM promises to build statue of reformer Vidyasagar
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 #TechThursdays - Remote-controlled toilet bed is a life saver for people bedridden due to disability
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Accessibility May 16, 2019 Game changing innovations that enable inclusion - Global Accessibility Awareness Day special
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News