How to select activities for children with disabilities
Having fun and enjoyment is a must for every child. Sports and games are source of fun and physical activity for kids with disabilities.
They not only help kids have a great time but also make them learn other skills.
Meeting other kids, socializing and working as a team are part of the activities. They also help in the development of the child and teach them to realize their own potential.
Here are a few ideas to consider while selecting activities for children with disabilities.
• The main factor while selecting a activity for a disabled child is that it should be fun. Kids quit a sport or activity when they stop having fun. It is vital to choose the activity as per the needs and interest of the child.
• Before the activity begins, set goals to get the full benefit of the effort. Simple goals can be set, such as making new friends, developing skills, being independent. Encourage the child with smaller goals like make two friends.
• Explain the rules of the game or activity that is to be played to the child.
• Encourage the child to share the experience with you afterwards. Ask them what they learned from the activity and what will be the next goal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 13, 2018 Feedback sought on issues faced by visually impaired people while using PayTM
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Parasports October 13, 2018 Asian Para Games 2018 - Sharad Kumar sets new records in men's high jump
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Education October 15, 2018 Relief for students with disabilities, CBSE exemptions to take effect from 2019
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 ALFAA centre for people with autism has a story of remarkable spirit behind it
- Technology October 17, 2018 DALI, India's 1st regional language dyslexia screening tool, is now available as an app
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News