How to select activities for children with disabilities
April 13, 2018
Having fun and enjoyment is a must for every child. Sports and games are source of fun and physical activity for kids with disabilities.
They not only help kids have a great time but also make them learn other skills.
Meeting other kids, socializing and working as a team are part of the activities. They also help in the development of the child and teach them to realize their own potential.
Here are a few ideas to consider while selecting activities for children with disabilities.
- The main factor while selecting a activity for a disabled child is that it should be fun. Kids quit a sport or activity when they stop having fun. It is vital to choose the activity as per the needs and interest of the child.
- Before the activity begins, set goals to get the full benefit of the effort. Simple goals can be set, such as making new friends, developing skills, being independent. Encourage the child with smaller goals like make two friends.
- Explain the rules of the game or activity that is to be played to the child.
- Encourage the child to share the experience with you afterwards. Ask them what they learned from the activity and what will be the next goal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News