How to select activities for children with disabilities
Having fun and enjoyment is a must for every child. Sports and games are source of fun and physical activity for kids with disabilities.
They not only help kids have a great time but also make them learn other skills.
Meeting other kids, socializing and working as a team are part of the activities. They also help in the development of the child and teach them to realize their own potential.
Here are a few ideas to consider while selecting activities for children with disabilities.
• The main factor while selecting a activity for a disabled child is that it should be fun. Kids quit a sport or activity when they stop having fun. It is vital to choose the activity as per the needs and interest of the child.
• Before the activity begins, set goals to get the full benefit of the effort. Simple goals can be set, such as making new friends, developing skills, being independent. Encourage the child with smaller goals like make two friends.
• Explain the rules of the game or activity that is to be played to the child.
• Encourage the child to share the experience with you afterwards. Ask them what they learned from the activity and what will be the next goal.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News