Activity ideas for parents of disabled children
Parents can spend quality time with children with disabilities by engaging in various types of activities.
Activities are a fun way of learning new skills and helping the children become independent.
Here are some simple and fun activities that can be done by children with disabilities.
Create a texture book- this can be done by pasting fabrics and materials with different textures on a scrap book or a simple notebook pages. Sand paper, bubble wrap, foam wash cloth, can be used as different textures.
Smell tour- take the child for a tour to smell different places such as frits shops, flower shops, pet shops, perfume shops and help them experience the smells.
Sensory park - Going to a sensory park is also a great fun activity for a child with disabilities.
Dress up - Make dresses with thick paper or cardboard to play dress up and have fun with various costumes.
Match pictures- Take pairs of similar pictures or photoes and play the game of matching them.
Sensory games- You can also create sensory games with stuff at home such as food items, toys etc.
- Paint- Stick a thick paper on the wall so that child can paint it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019