Activity ideas for parents of disabled children
April 14, 2018
Parents can spend quality time with children with disabilities by engaging in various types of activities.
Activities are a fun way of learning new skills and helping the children become independent.
Here are some simple and fun activities that can be done by children with disabilities.
Create a texture book- this can be done by pasting fabrics and materials with different textures on a scrap book or a simple notebook pages. Sand paper, bubble wrap, foam wash cloth, can be used as different textures.
Smell tour- take the child for a tour to smell different places such as frits shops, flower shops, pet shops, perfume shops and help them experience the smells.
Sensory park - Going to a sensory park is also a great fun activity for a child with disabilities.
Dress up - Make dresses with thick paper or cardboard to play dress up and have fun with various costumes.
Match pictures- Take pairs of similar pictures or photoes and play the game of matching them.
Sensory games- You can also create sensory games with stuff at home such as food items, toys etc.
- Paint- Stick a thick paper on the wall so that child can paint it.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News