Activity ideas for parents of disabled children
April 14, 2018
Parents can spend quality time with children with disabilities by engaging in various types of activities.
Activities are a fun way of learning new skills and helping the children become independent.
Here are some simple and fun activities that can be done by children with disabilities.
Create a texture book- this can be done by pasting fabrics and materials with different textures on a scrap book or a simple notebook pages. Sand paper, bubble wrap, foam wash cloth, can be used as different textures.
Smell tour- take the child for a tour to smell different places such as frits shops, flower shops, pet shops, perfume shops and help them experience the smells.
Sensory park - Going to a sensory park is also a great fun activity for a child with disabilities.
Dress up - Make dresses with thick paper or cardboard to play dress up and have fun with various costumes.
Match pictures- Take pairs of similar pictures or photoes and play the game of matching them.
Sensory games- You can also create sensory games with stuff at home such as food items, toys etc.
- Paint- Stick a thick paper on the wall so that child can paint it.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News