Parental tips for sibling of a child with autism
For a child with autism, their siblings can make an important role in their lives.
Siblings can help provide the support and comfort needed by a child with autism. However, for the parents, it may cause emotional issues like feeling guilty at times.
Parents have to spend more time with the child with autism and they may not be able to pay enough attention to their other children.
To ensure that the other children do not feel ignored, parents can follow some simple things.
Explain to your children about autism so that they understand the medical condition of their sibling.
Information will help them cope with the environment at home without feeling left out.
Be ready to answer their questions about autism spectrum disorder. This is will help them take interest in their brother or sister with autism.
Explain to the child about how autism affects the life of their siblings. Tell them about the limitations of the child with the disorder.
Communication with your children will ensure that they stay away from negative emotions.
It will also help them feel like an important part of the family and have affection for the sibling with autism.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked October 14, 2018 Visually impaired girls perfomed garba on song written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 Savlon's new Braille enabled pack gets a big thumbs up. Will other brands follow?
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News