3 accessible parks you must visit in Bengaluru in the summer vacations!
April 16, 2018
Summer holidays are here, and this is the time for children to indulge in games and fun. Nothing to beat meeting new people and playing games in a park with other children around!
There are many factors that parents look into when they take their children to a park. Some of them include hygiene, safety, and condition of equipments in the park.
Thanks to Kilikili Trust, there are plenty of options for disabled children when it comes to open spaces in Bengaluru. The organization, Kilikili Trust, was started by parents of disabled children. They have ensured that a few parks in Bengaluru are accessible.
From wheelchair ramps to merry-go-rounds and slides with side protection, there are many facilities for disabled children in these parks. Make sure that your kids check out these parks and have fun this holiday season.
This is one of the first inclusive and accessible spaces for disabled kids in India. A ramp entrance at the main gate, a wheelchair track that goes across the entire park, and a wheelchair sandpit are some of the few things that can be used by disabled children at Coles Park. Swings at Coles Park have a safety seat so that children with minimal upper body strength can be supported while swinging! The park also has a Sensory Integration Track. This track will help them process and analyze signals through sight, touch, sound, gravity and body awareness as well.
Gayatri Devi Park
Located at Rajajinagar, Gayatri Devi Park has wheelchair ramps, a Sensory Integration Track, and an inclusive basketball ground which is two levels lower. Kilikili also conducts summer camps and activities for disabled children at this park.
MN Krishna Rao Park
Located at Basavanagudi, this park is one of the best places for kids to hang out. A wheelchair accessible play station, abacus for children with disabilities, wheelchair merry-go rounds, and tyre swings are some of the equipments made for children with disabilities.
So what are you waiting for? Hop into one of these parks with your kids to have a great vacation!
Watch in Sign Language
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
- “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Technology August 15, 2019 'Smart Car Seat for Differently-Abled' gets a thumbs up for innovation & creativity
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Employment August 11, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Parasports August 11, 2019 India sends largest ever contingent of shuttlers to 2019 Thailand Para Badminton International
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News