3 accessible parks you must visit in Bengaluru in the summer vacations!
Summer holidays are here, and this is the time for children to indulge in games and fun. Nothing to beat meeting new people and playing games in a park with other children around!
There are many factors that parents look into when they take their children to a park. Some of them include hygiene, safety, and condition of equipments in the park.
Thanks to Kilikili Trust, there are plenty of options for disabled children when it comes to open spaces in Bengaluru. The organization, Kilikili Trust, was started by parents of disabled children. They have ensured that a few parks in Bengaluru are accessible.
From wheelchair ramps to merry-go-rounds and slides with side protection, there are many facilities for disabled children in these parks. Make sure that your kids check out these parks and have fun this holiday season.
This is one of the first inclusive and accessible spaces for disabled kids in India. A ramp entrance at the main gate, a wheelchair track that goes across the entire park, and a wheelchair sandpit are some of the few things that can be used by disabled children at Coles Park. Swings at Coles Park have a safety seat so that children with minimal upper body strength can be supported while swinging! The park also has a Sensory Integration Track. This track will help them process and analyze signals through sight, touch, sound, gravity and body awareness as well.
Gayatri Devi Park
Located at Rajajinagar, Gayatri Devi Park has wheelchair ramps, a Sensory Integration Track, and an inclusive basketball ground which is two levels lower. Kilikili also conducts summer camps and activities for disabled children at this park.
MN Krishna Rao Park
Located at Basavanagudi, this park is one of the best places for kids to hang out. A wheelchair accessible play station, abacus for children with disabilities, wheelchair merry-go rounds, and tyre swings are some of the equipments made for children with disabilities.
So what are you waiting for? Hop into one of these parks with your kids to have a great vacation!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019