3 accessible parks you must visit in Bengaluru in the summer vacations!
April 16, 2018
Summer holidays are here, and this is the time for children to indulge in games and fun. Nothing to beat meeting new people and playing games in a park with other children around!
There are many factors that parents look into when they take their children to a park. Some of them include hygiene, safety, and condition of equipments in the park.
Thanks to Kilikili Trust, there are plenty of options for disabled children when it comes to open spaces in Bengaluru. The organization, Kilikili Trust, was started by parents of disabled children. They have ensured that a few parks in Bengaluru are accessible.
From wheelchair ramps to merry-go-rounds and slides with side protection, there are many facilities for disabled children in these parks. Make sure that your kids check out these parks and have fun this holiday season.
This is one of the first inclusive and accessible spaces for disabled kids in India. A ramp entrance at the main gate, a wheelchair track that goes across the entire park, and a wheelchair sandpit are some of the few things that can be used by disabled children at Coles Park. Swings at Coles Park have a safety seat so that children with minimal upper body strength can be supported while swinging! The park also has a Sensory Integration Track. This track will help them process and analyze signals through sight, touch, sound, gravity and body awareness as well.
Gayatri Devi Park
Located at Rajajinagar, Gayatri Devi Park has wheelchair ramps, a Sensory Integration Track, and an inclusive basketball ground which is two levels lower. Kilikili also conducts summer camps and activities for disabled children at this park.
MN Krishna Rao Park
Located at Basavanagudi, this park is one of the best places for kids to hang out. A wheelchair accessible play station, abacus for children with disabilities, wheelchair merry-go rounds, and tyre swings are some of the equipments made for children with disabilities.
So what are you waiting for? Hop into one of these parks with your kids to have a great vacation!
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Death toll rises, lakhs left homeless in Assam floods
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 NGO Sreesh Mandiram was born out of a couple's experience coping with disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News