3 accessible parks you must visit in Bengaluru in the summer vacations!
Summer holidays are here, and this is the time for children to indulge in games and fun. Nothing to beat meeting new people and playing games in a park with other children around!
There are many factors that parents look into when they take their children to a park. Some of them include hygiene, safety, and condition of equipments in the park.
Thanks to Kilikili Trust, there are plenty of options for disabled children when it comes to open spaces in Bengaluru. The organization, Kilikili Trust, was started by parents of disabled children. They have ensured that a few parks in Bengaluru are accessible.
From wheelchair ramps to merry-go-rounds and slides with side protection, there are many facilities for disabled children in these parks. Make sure that your kids check out these parks and have fun this holiday season.
This is one of the first inclusive and accessible spaces for disabled kids in India. A ramp entrance at the main gate, a wheelchair track that goes across the entire park, and a wheelchair sandpit are some of the few things that can be used by disabled children at Coles Park. Swings at Coles Park have a safety seat so that children with minimal upper body strength can be supported while swinging! The park also has a Sensory Integration Track. This track will help them process and analyze signals through sight, touch, sound, gravity and body awareness as well.
Gayatri Devi Park
Located at Rajajinagar, Gayatri Devi Park has wheelchair ramps, a Sensory Integration Track, and an inclusive basketball ground which is two levels lower. Kilikili also conducts summer camps and activities for disabled children at this park.
MN Krishna Rao Park
Located at Basavanagudi, this park is one of the best places for kids to hang out. A wheelchair accessible play station, abacus for children with disabilities, wheelchair merry-go rounds, and tyre swings are some of the equipments made for children with disabilities.
So what are you waiting for? Hop into one of these parks with your kids to have a great vacation!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Accessibility November 16, 2018 Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Some tips to make day to day activities easier for disabled children
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Priyanka to get married in Jodhpur, preparations are on
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018