People with disabilities to be employed in the task force of Kerala Tourism
Kerala Tourism will post 1,000 tourism resource persons (TRP) as part of a responsible tourism (RT) initiative. They will organize tourism gram sabhas and promote destinations at the grassroots level.
Two disabled people and a trans person will be among the TRPs to be appointed in 14 districts.
No previous experience is needed for people from these two categories. Norms on educational qualifications have been relaxed for them. People who have completed class 12 can apply.
General applicants will only be considered for these jobs if there are not enough candidates from these two categories.
The move is part of the State Tourism Policy 2017 that wants people with disabilities and transgenders to play an active role in promoting tourism.
The TRPs have to play a major role at the grassroots level to achieve the target of 100% increase in arrival of foreign tourists. A target of a 50% increase has been set for domestic tourists by 2022.
To begin with, 750 TRPs in the age group of 18 to 65 years will be appointed.
A two-day training will be given in Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Wayanad, and Kozhikode from 3 May.
They will have to organize 1,000 tourism gram sabhas, take up resource mapping, organize tours, and assist tourism entrepreneurs and investors. They will also act as tour leaders and help promote village-life experience tour packages.
Of the 750 TRPs, 60 each will be posted in Thiruvananthapuram, Idukki and Kannur, 55 each in Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, and Kasaragod, and 50 each in Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, and Wayanad.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 21, 2018 India Vs Australia Twenty20 International series begins today
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Headlines November 20, 2018 More than 70 protestors arrested for causing violence in Sabarimala
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 What causes autism? Some information
- Events November 21, 2018 Deaf Stomp 2018
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018