People with disabilities to be employed in the task force of Kerala Tourism
April 16, 2018
Kerala Tourism will post 1,000 tourism resource persons (TRP) as part of a responsible tourism (RT) initiative. They will organize tourism gram sabhas and promote destinations at the grassroots level.
Two disabled people and a trans person will be among the TRPs to be appointed in 14 districts.
No previous experience is needed for people from these two categories. Norms on educational qualifications have been relaxed for them. People who have completed class 12 can apply.
General applicants will only be considered for these jobs if there are not enough candidates from these two categories.
The move is part of the State Tourism Policy 2017 that wants people with disabilities and transgenders to play an active role in promoting tourism.
The TRPs have to play a major role at the grassroots level to achieve the target of 100% increase in arrival of foreign tourists. A target of a 50% increase has been set for domestic tourists by 2022.
To begin with, 750 TRPs in the age group of 18 to 65 years will be appointed.
A two-day training will be given in Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Wayanad, and Kozhikode from 3 May.
They will have to organize 1,000 tourism gram sabhas, take up resource mapping, organize tours, and assist tourism entrepreneurs and investors. They will also act as tour leaders and help promote village-life experience tour packages.
Of the 750 TRPs, 60 each will be posted in Thiruvananthapuram, Idukki and Kannur, 55 each in Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kozhikode, and Kasaragod, and 50 each in Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathanamthitta, Thrissur, Palakkad, Malappuram, and Wayanad.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events April 10, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News