4 holiday ideas for travellers with disabilities
April 17, 2018
There are many places in the world that are a dream come true for travellers with disabilities. They can travel here comfortably without facing any difficulty.
Here is a list of four holiday ideas that will let you have a good time without causing discomfort.
- Sailing holidays - If you love adventure on the seas, consider Antigua, an island in the West Indies. Here a disabled person is paired up with someone who does not have a disability. They can then sail together.
- Wheelchair safari - The best countries that offer wheelchair safari are India, Botswana, South Africa, and Kenya. These trips about 7-12 nights long. They include game drives too.
- River cruising - The Netherlands offers river cruises that are wheelchair-friendly as well as group tours and villa holidays. The river cruise is a five-night affair through the historic towns of Harlingen, Zaandam, and Nijmegen. The cruise also has accessible bathrooms and cabins.
- Group trips for blind travellers - A travel company, called Traveleyes, founded by a blind entrepreneur, Amar Latif, takes 60 blind groups every year on a four-day city break in Amsterdam. The company also offers beach breaks, staycations, and activity holidays.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News