E-Wheelchair Service provided by the Indian railways
The Indian railways provides the E-Wheelchair Service for people with disabilities, sick and the senior citizens travelling on trains.
The service is available at some major railway junctions- Jn:
Agra Cantt, Ahmedabad Jn, Bangalore City Jn, Bhusaval Jn, Howrah Jn, Indore Jn,Jaipur Jn, Jhansi Jn, Kanpur Central Jn, Lucknow Jn,Lucknow Ne, Mata Vaishno Devi Katra, Mumbai Central, Mumbai Cst, Nagpur Jn, New Delhi, Pathankot Cantt, Pune Jn, Secunderabad Jn, Vadodara Jn,Varanasi Jn, Vijayawada Jn.
The wheelchair is provided free of charge, depending on the availability on first come first service with booking voucher.
Booking an E-Wheelchair
• Go to the IRCTC website and click on ‘E-Wheelchair’ page.
• Enter the PNR number and click on ‘Search’.
• Enter the required details and then click on ‘Book’.
• The booking details will show on the site and a printout can be taken.
Cancelling an E-Wheelchair booking
• On the IRCTC website, click on E-Wheelchair page and then click on ‘Booked Tickets.
• Enter the Email id and Mobile number used at the time of booking and click on “Go”. An OTP will be received for Cancellation.
• Select the ticket from “List of Booking” which is to be cancelled and click on the 'Cancel ticket' option.
• Select Number of Wheelchair to cancel, enter OTP which you have received on mobile & Email ID, then click on Cancel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News