E-Wheelchair Service provided by the Indian railways
April 17, 2018
The Indian railways provides the E-Wheelchair Service for people with disabilities, sick and the senior citizens travelling on trains.
The service is available at some major railway junctions- Jn:
Agra Cantt, Ahmedabad Jn, Bangalore City Jn, Bhusaval Jn, Howrah Jn, Indore Jn,Jaipur Jn, Jhansi Jn, Kanpur Central Jn, Lucknow Jn,Lucknow Ne, Mata Vaishno Devi Katra, Mumbai Central, Mumbai Cst, Nagpur Jn, New Delhi, Pathankot Cantt, Pune Jn, Secunderabad Jn, Vadodara Jn,Varanasi Jn, Vijayawada Jn.
The wheelchair is provided free of charge, depending on the availability on first come first service with booking voucher.
Booking an E-Wheelchair
- Go to the IRCTC website and click on 'E-Wheelchair' page.
- Enter the PNR number and click on 'Search'.
- Enter the required details and then click on 'Book'.
- The booking details will show on the site and a printout can be taken.
Cancelling an E-Wheelchair booking
- On the IRCTC website, click on E-Wheelchair page and then click on 'Booked Tickets.
- Enter the Email id and Mobile number used at the time of booking and click on "Go". An OTP will be received for Cancellation.
- Select the ticket from "List of Booking" which is to be cancelled and click on the 'Cancel ticket' option.
- Select Number of Wheelchair to cancel, enter OTP which you have received on mobile & Email ID, then click on Cancel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News