E-Wheelchair Service provided by the Indian railways
The Indian railways provides the E-Wheelchair Service for people with disabilities, sick and the senior citizens travelling on trains.
The service is available at some major railway junctions- Jn:
Agra Cantt, Ahmedabad Jn, Bangalore City Jn, Bhusaval Jn, Howrah Jn, Indore Jn,Jaipur Jn, Jhansi Jn, Kanpur Central Jn, Lucknow Jn,Lucknow Ne, Mata Vaishno Devi Katra, Mumbai Central, Mumbai Cst, Nagpur Jn, New Delhi, Pathankot Cantt, Pune Jn, Secunderabad Jn, Vadodara Jn,Varanasi Jn, Vijayawada Jn.
The wheelchair is provided free of charge, depending on the availability on first come first service with booking voucher.
Booking an E-Wheelchair
• Go to the IRCTC website and click on ‘E-Wheelchair’ page.
• Enter the PNR number and click on ‘Search’.
• Enter the required details and then click on ‘Book’.
• The booking details will show on the site and a printout can be taken.
Cancelling an E-Wheelchair booking
• On the IRCTC website, click on E-Wheelchair page and then click on ‘Booked Tickets.
• Enter the Email id and Mobile number used at the time of booking and click on “Go”. An OTP will be received for Cancellation.
• Select the ticket from “List of Booking” which is to be cancelled and click on the 'Cancel ticket' option.
• Select Number of Wheelchair to cancel, enter OTP which you have received on mobile & Email ID, then click on Cancel.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 9, 2018 Virat Kohli apologises after getting trolled for 'Leave India' comment to fan
- Accessibility November 10, 2018 Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Some life lessons when you raise a child with Down syndrome
- Headlines November 7, 2018 Patanjali launches first clothing store
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News