NHFDC Scheme for Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities
April 17, 2018
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) was set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India on 24 January 1997.
The main role of NHFDC is to ensure that funds allocated for the welfare of disabled people reach the respective State Channelising Agencies (SCA) nominated by the State Governments.
One of the scheme offered by NHFDC is Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities.
About the scheme
The scheme is a term loan given to people with disabilities to enable them to get higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Who is eligible?
Any student with 40% or more disability can avail the discount with proper disability certificate issued by recognized authorities.
All courses with employment prospects are eligible.
- Graduation courses/ Post graduation courses/ Professional courses
- Other courses approved by UGC/Government/AICTE etc.
Amount of loan
The loan is given to a disabled student based on the repaying capacity of the parents or students.
- A maximum loan of Rs10 lakhs is given for studies in India.
- A maximum loan of Rs20 lakhs is given for studies outside India.
Rate of interest
- Rate of Interest is 4% p.a.
- A rebate of 0.5% is given on interest to women students.
For further details, please contact the State Channelising Agencies of your State Or National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment) Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad - 121 007 Ph: (0129) 2287512, 2287513, 2226910 TeleFax : (0129) - 2284371 E-mail : email@example.com
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News