NHFDC Scheme for Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities
April 17, 2018
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) was set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India on 24 January 1997.
The main role of NHFDC is to ensure that funds allocated for the welfare of disabled people reach the respective State Channelising Agencies (SCA) nominated by the State Governments.
One of the scheme offered by NHFDC is Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities.
About the scheme
The scheme is a term loan given to people with disabilities to enable them to get higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Who is eligible?
Any student with 40% or more disability can avail the discount with proper disability certificate issued by recognized authorities.
All courses with employment prospects are eligible.
- Graduation courses/ Post graduation courses/ Professional courses
- Other courses approved by UGC/Government/AICTE etc.
Amount of loan
The loan is given to a disabled student based on the repaying capacity of the parents or students.
- A maximum loan of Rs10 lakhs is given for studies in India.
- A maximum loan of Rs20 lakhs is given for studies outside India.
Rate of interest
- Rate of Interest is 4% p.a.
- A rebate of 0.5% is given on interest to women students.
For further details, please contact the State Channelising Agencies of your State Or National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment) Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad - 121 007 Ph: (0129) 2287512, 2287513, 2226910 TeleFax : (0129) - 2284371 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News