NHFDC Scheme for Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) was set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India on 24 January 1997.
The main role of NHFDC is to ensure that funds allocated for the welfare of disabled people reach the respective State Channelising Agencies (SCA) nominated by the State Governments.
One of the scheme offered by NHFDC is Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities.
About the scheme
The scheme is a term loan given to people with disabilities to enable them to get higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Who is eligible?
Any student with 40% or more disability can avail the discount with proper disability certificate issued by recognized authorities.
All courses with employment prospects are eligible.
• Graduation courses/ Post graduation courses/ Professional courses
• Other courses approved by UGC/Government/AICTE etc.
Amount of loan
The loan is given to a disabled student based on the repaying capacity of the parents or students.
• A maximum loan of ₹10 lakhs is given for studies in India.
• A maximum loan of ₹20 lakhs is given for studies outside India.
Rate of interest
• Rate of Interest is 4% p.a.
• A rebate of 0.5% is given on interest to women students.
For further details, please contact the State Channelising Agencies of your State Or National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment) Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad – 121 007 Ph: (0129) 2287512, 2287513, 2226910 TeleFax : (0129) – 2284371 E-mail : email@example.com
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Divyaang Myithri Sports Academy’s wheelchair cricket camp is a success
- Get-hooked November 19, 2018 Some tips to boost self-esteem for people with disabilities
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Get-hooked November 21, 2018 Some tips to make day to day activities easier for disabled children
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018