NHFDC Scheme for Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities
The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) was set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India on 24 January 1997.
The main role of NHFDC is to ensure that funds allocated for the welfare of disabled people reach the respective State Channelising Agencies (SCA) nominated by the State Governments.
One of the scheme offered by NHFDC is Concessional Education Loans to Persons with Disabilities.
About the scheme
The scheme is a term loan given to people with disabilities to enable them to get higher education in India or abroad where admission has been secured.
Who is eligible?
Any student with 40% or more disability can avail the discount with proper disability certificate issued by recognized authorities.
All courses with employment prospects are eligible.
• Graduation courses/ Post graduation courses/ Professional courses
• Other courses approved by UGC/Government/AICTE etc.
Amount of loan
The loan is given to a disabled student based on the repaying capacity of the parents or students.
• A maximum loan of ₹10 lakhs is given for studies in India.
• A maximum loan of ₹20 lakhs is given for studies outside India.
Rate of interest
• Rate of Interest is 4% p.a.
• A rebate of 0.5% is given on interest to women students.
For further details, please contact the State Channelising Agencies of your State Or National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment) Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad – 121 007 Ph: (0129) 2287512, 2287513, 2226910 TeleFax : (0129) – 2284371 E-mail : email@example.com
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019