Socks in Braille to help make sure blind people wear the matching colours
Innocean Worldwide, a company in Korea, has developed Braille socks to help people who are visually impaired.
The socks are designed with Braille to help wearers match the right colors. The launch comes ahead of Disabled Persons Day in Korea on 20 April.
The company has started a 7 days Braille Socks Campaign, to take away the difficulties visually impaired people face on a daily basis.
The socks have been produced with a local fashion socks brand called I Hate Monday.
10% of the revenue from selling the Braille socks will be donated to the School for the Blind in Seoul for scholarships.
Before launching the campaign, we found out that the blind and visually impaired struggle the most when selecting socks daily - Innocean Worldwide
The campaign also features a short video with interviews of visually impaired people who share their difficulties choosing socks and the embarrassing moments they had experienced due to mismatched socks.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019