Sahyogi - Caregiver Training Scheme to create workforce to look after people with disabilities
India has a vast population of people with disabilities who need care and support. The role of caregiver is a critical one, that is going to be in great demand.
The Sahyogi programme under the National Trust is working to build a workforce of caregivers for people with disabilities and their families. For those interested in being a part of this workforce, here are the key details.
- Provide training and build a skilled workforce of caregivers to provide care for disabled people and their families.
- Also seeks to train parents in caregiving if they so desire.
- Choice of training through two levels of courses - primary and advanced
- Primary training - Three-month course in basic care associate skills in areas like autism, cerebral palsy, family needs, health, nutrition, to name a few. Will also be trained in first aid care. Course has been designed by the Rehabilitation Council Of India (RCI). There is a paid internship.
- Secondary - Six-month course in advanced care associate skills. Will cover language and communication (including sign language), social interactions, socio-emotional management, learning and understanding, among others.
Eligibility for Care Associate Trainee
- Must be between 18 to 45 years of age
- No minimum qualification for parents
- Primary - Eighth class pass or equivalent are eligible to apply. Parents or guardians may also apply for this course but only up to theory period. Internship is optional for parents or guardians.
- Secondary - Class 10 pass or class 8 pass students who have completed primary care associate training successfully are eligible for this course. Parents or guardians of persons with disabilities may also apply for this course but only for theory. Internship is not mandatory for them.
How to Enrol
- Applicant comes to the specified centre with the required proof by deadline specified in notice regarding the training
- Come with the required documents while enrolment
Documents for enrolment
- Educational qualification proofs to meet the requirements of concerned training.
- Identity proof of the applicant
- Disability certificate and identity proof of the child in case of parents
For list of centers in your region, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/centre-sanctioned-list.php
To know about syllabus and guidelines, click here -
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 Know more about the Race For 7 to mark International Rare Disease Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News