Sahyogi - Caregiver Training Scheme to create workforce to look after people with disabilities
India has a vast population of people with disabilities who need care and support. The role of caregiver is a critical one, that is going to be in great demand.
The Sahyogi programme under the National Trust is working to build a workforce of caregivers for people with disabilities and their families. For those interested in being a part of this workforce, here are the key details.
- Provide training and build a skilled workforce of caregivers to provide care for disabled people and their families.
- Also seeks to train parents in caregiving if they so desire.
- Choice of training through two levels of courses - primary and advanced
- Primary training - Three-month course in basic care associate skills in areas like autism, cerebral palsy, family needs, health, nutrition, to name a few. Will also be trained in first aid care. Course has been designed by the Rehabilitation Council Of India (RCI). There is a paid internship.
- Secondary - Six-month course in advanced care associate skills. Will cover language and communication (including sign language), social interactions, socio-emotional management, learning and understanding, among others.
Eligibility for Care Associate Trainee
- Must be between 18 to 45 years of age
- No minimum qualification for parents
- Primary - Eighth class pass or equivalent are eligible to apply. Parents or guardians may also apply for this course but only up to theory period. Internship is optional for parents or guardians.
- Secondary - Class 10 pass or class 8 pass students who have completed primary care associate training successfully are eligible for this course. Parents or guardians of persons with disabilities may also apply for this course but only for theory. Internship is not mandatory for them.
How to Enrol
- Applicant comes to the specified centre with the required proof by deadline specified in notice regarding the training
- Come with the required documents while enrolment
Documents for enrolment
- Educational qualification proofs to meet the requirements of concerned training.
- Identity proof of the applicant
- Disability certificate and identity proof of the child in case of parents
For list of centers in your region, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/centre-sanctioned-list.php
To know about syllabus and guidelines, click here -
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Technology October 20, 2018 Microsoft pledge to develop EdTech for dyslexic students has great potential for India
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News