National Commission introduces Braille books with safety measures for children
April 19, 2018
The recent incidents of sexual assaults on children has highlighted how vulnerable children in India continue to be, despite tougher laws being put in place.
There is a great need to build awareness among children of all age groups. Keeping this in mind, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has prepared a book in Braille for blind children to be better informed about the Juvenile Justice Act and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
The NCPCR has sent 60 copies of the book to various institutions for the blind across India. The handbook will give blind children detailed insight into how to stay safe in various situations.
The handbook will also be sent to the various offices of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) across different states in India.
Yashwant Jain, of NCPCR, , says that there are many instances of sexual assault against blind children. They go unreported as they don't get support.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Headlines March 25, 2019 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Kerala youngster Vijesh Vijayan wins battle for justice in Kerala High Court
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News