National Commission introduces Braille books with safety measures for children
The recent incidents of sexual assaults on children has highlighted how vulnerable children in India continue to be, despite tougher laws being put in place.
There is a great need to build awareness among children of all age groups. Keeping this in mind, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has prepared a book in Braille for blind children to be better informed about the Juvenile Justice Act and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
The NCPCR has sent 60 copies of the book to various institutions for the blind across India. The handbook will give blind children detailed insight into how to stay safe in various situations.
The handbook will also be sent to the various offices of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) across different states in India.
Yashwant Jain, of NCPCR, , says that there are many instances of sexual assault against blind children. They go unreported as they don't get support.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Sarbojonin in name only, not in practice - Guest column by Arita Acharjee & Annesha Dasgupta
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News