National Commission introduces Braille books with safety measures for children
The recent incidents of sexual assaults on children has highlighted how vulnerable children in India continue to be, despite tougher laws being put in place.
There is a great need to build awareness among children of all age groups. Keeping this in mind, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has prepared a book in Braille for blind children to be better informed about the Juvenile Justice Act and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
The NCPCR has sent 60 copies of the book to various institutions for the blind across India. The handbook will give blind children detailed insight into how to stay safe in various situations.
The handbook will also be sent to the various offices of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) across different states in India.
Yashwant Jain, of NCPCR, , says that there are many instances of sexual assault against blind children. They go unreported as they don't get support.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Find a life partner at this disability matrimonial event
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Early intervention in hearing impairments matters. Here's why
- Events January 18, 2019 Rapid & Blitz Chess Tournament
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Dhoni becomes 4th Indian to record 1,000 one day runs in Australia
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Events January 20, 2019 Cognitive Approach to Autism Management
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 15, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News