National Commission introduces Braille books with safety measures for children
April 19, 2018
The recent incidents of sexual assaults on children has highlighted how vulnerable children in India continue to be, despite tougher laws being put in place.
There is a great need to build awareness among children of all age groups. Keeping this in mind, the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has prepared a book in Braille for blind children to be better informed about the Juvenile Justice Act and Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO Act).
The NCPCR has sent 60 copies of the book to various institutions for the blind across India. The handbook will give blind children detailed insight into how to stay safe in various situations.
The handbook will also be sent to the various offices of the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (SCPCR) across different states in India.
Yashwant Jain, of NCPCR, , says that there are many instances of sexual assault against blind children. They go unreported as they don't get support.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
- Education August 21, 2019 Happy Hands School is enabling deaf children in rural Odisha to learn in sign language
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News