Scientists in Iran develop a wheelchair that can help disabled people stand up
April 19, 2018
Researchers at the Islamic Azad University of Pardis in Iran have designed a wheelchair that can change the position of a disabled person from sitting to standing position.
This wheelchair will help improve the quality of life and enable disabled people to carry out their daily activities independently. While in the standing position, their hands will be free. This will enable them to do a lot of activities on their own.
The multi-purpose wheelchair allows the user to sit, stand, and lie down.
The wheelchair will also help improve the health of disabled people as it will make the digestive and respiratory systems work better.
The wheelchair is run by two manual control systems and linear electric motors. It also has three jacks through which, by pushing a button, the linear motor switches from sitting to the standing position.
The person sitting on the wheelchair could be in standing position in less than 30 seconds. The wheelchair also ensures the security of the seated person with the aid of safety belts.
The wheelchair is capable of moving only in the standing position.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News