Scientists in Iran develop a wheelchair that can help disabled people stand up
Researchers at the Islamic Azad University of Pardis in Iran have designed a wheelchair that can change the position of a disabled person from sitting to standing position.
This wheelchair will help improve the quality of life and enable disabled people to carry out their daily activities independently. While in the standing position, their hands will be free. This will enable them to do a lot of activities on their own.
The multi-purpose wheelchair allows the user to sit, stand, and lie down.
The wheelchair will also help improve the health of disabled people as it will make the digestive and respiratory systems work better.
The wheelchair is run by two manual control systems and linear electric motors. It also has three jacks through which, by pushing a button, the linear motor switches from sitting to the standing position.
The person sitting on the wheelchair could be in standing position in less than 30 seconds. The wheelchair also ensures the security of the seated person with the aid of safety belts.
The wheelchair is capable of moving only in the standing position.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO leaves a good message to society
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Get-hooked November 20, 2018 It is never the end unless you believe it to be - My Take by Thasveer Muhammed, model, actor & motivational speaker
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018