Scientists in Iran develop a wheelchair that can help disabled people stand up
Researchers at the Islamic Azad University of Pardis in Iran have designed a wheelchair that can change the position of a disabled person from sitting to standing position.
This wheelchair will help improve the quality of life and enable disabled people to carry out their daily activities independently. While in the standing position, their hands will be free. This will enable them to do a lot of activities on their own.
The multi-purpose wheelchair allows the user to sit, stand, and lie down.
The wheelchair will also help improve the health of disabled people as it will make the digestive and respiratory systems work better.
The wheelchair is run by two manual control systems and linear electric motors. It also has three jacks through which, by pushing a button, the linear motor switches from sitting to the standing position.
The person sitting on the wheelchair could be in standing position in less than 30 seconds. The wheelchair also ensures the security of the seated person with the aid of safety belts.
The wheelchair is capable of moving only in the standing position.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News