Take your voice to the world on Radio Udaan's musical hunt for kids with disabilities!
From Radio Udaan, India’s first ever radio station by visually impaired people, comes a new exciting show!
It’s called Udaan Idol Little Champs and it’s a musical show for kids with disabilities from across India up to the age of 15 years.
The aim of the event is to offer a platform for kids with disabilities to demonstrate their musical talents.
Radio station with a difference
Launched in 2014, Radio Udaan has been working towards the empowerment of people with disabilities. The shows are conceptualized and presented by a team of visually impaired people.
It’s a unique initiative, one that has found fans in over 100 countries with a dedicated audience of over 20,000 listeners a month. Radio Udaan offers a platform for people with disabilities to showcase their talents and discuss issues close to their heart.
Nurturing raw talent
The idea of Little Champs was born out of the success of Udaan Idol, which was a musical hunt show for people with disabilities held in 2017. Over 170 entries from across India were received.
The reach of Udaan Idol was quite impressive. Over two lakh people tuned in for the audition and other rounds. The winner, Muskaan, was from a remote village in Himachal Pradesh.
The response spurred the Radio Udaan team to come up with a similar idea for kids. This was how the Udaan Idol Little Champs was born.
If we get the required confidence and platform at an early age, we get more time to polish ourselves. So to achieve this goal of ours we are again here with another grand event where any kid with disability who is below 15 years of age and has a musical flair can take part – Danish Mahajan, General Secretary, Radio Udaan
Many kids with disabilities from across India have applied to take part in the Little Champs audition. Radio Udaan is in touch with blind schools, NGOs, and disability rights leaders to help source the best talent.
Rules of the show
The rules of the competition are quite tough. The audition round is without any background music. Any technical effects like modulations of voice, echo and so on are strictly prohibited as the rounds advance. The recording of song has to be noiseless and clear.
The idea is to promote children with disability and make them reach a higher platform. The aim is to give them the required opportunity and make them learn from their mistakes and experiences. Thats why we want raw talent that they can polish accordingly - Danish Mahajan, General Secretary, Radio Udaan
The rounds of the competition will be held in a metro city. The final round will be live. Those interested have to apply by 15 May 2018 with evidence of disability and date of birth.
The winner of Little Champ stands to receive Rs 31,000, the first runner up Rs 21,000, and the second runner, Rs 11,000. Each winner will also get a musical instrument.
So, if you are 15 years and below with a disability, this is your chance to take your voice to the world!
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018