Here are 6 ways to make your autistic child feel loved!
In today’s world, there are millions of children who are diagnosed with autism. Dealing with autism is not just difficult for the child with autism, but for the family as well. Parents will have many questions regarding how to deal with their child who has autism. Here are a few tips to follow if your child has been diagnosed with autism.
Show them your love
Tell your child that you love him/her. Some children may not appreciate showing physical affection. Know what your child is comfortable with, and act accordingly.
Support their interests
Children with autism can be extremely talented. There are thousands of children with autism who have created great works of art and literature. Take part in activities along with them. Let them indulge in the wide world of creativity!
Encourage open dialogue
Talk to your child and know more about their likes and dislikes. While some children enjoy a family get together, some others don’t. Parents must never force their likes or dislikes onto the child.
Have a sense of humour
Children with autism can be great company! As much as they share their things, they can be good listeners too. While you indulge in conversations with your child, add a bit of humour sense to it. Along with having a great time, such conversations can help the intellectual ability of your child as well.
Educate your child on autism
Your child must know what autism is, and why he/she is different from other children. Take your time to explain things to him/her. If they are not OK to listen to it, talk to them later on. Maybe once they grow a little older!
Let go off your expectations of parenthood
This is one of the most important things that a parent who has an autistic child must understand. Every parent will have hopes and expectations of raising a abled child and spending time with them. An autistic child can never behave like a normal child. But they can make you proud in their own ways! So let go off your expectations and enjoy parenthood with your child.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Check out these fun outings for children with autism
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News