Corporates in Odisha must hire more disabled people, say disability groups in the state
April 21, 2018
Disability organizations from Odisha have asked companies based in the state to hire more disabled people into their workforce.
The talents of disabled people go unnoticed because they do not have an opportunity to showcase them. The government is also putting efforts from their side for the welfare of people with disabilities in the state of Odisha.
Nitin Chandra, Secretary, Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD), said that the skills of disabled people must be tapped at the earliest. According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016, Act, 5% quota is provided for disabled people in corporate companies. But many are still hesitant to hire disabled people.
Five companies were felicitated for hiring disabled people as part of their workforce. GINGER Hotels, Reliance Industries (Retail) Ltd, KARVY Data Management Services Pvt Ltd, Future Group (Big Bazaar) and Computer LAB Pvt Ltd. have hired disabled people and provided them with diversified roles in their organizations.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Clean chit for Mulayam Singh & son in corruption case
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News