Corporates in Odisha must hire more disabled people, say disability groups in the state
Disability organizations from Odisha have asked companies based in the state to hire more disabled people into their workforce.
The talents of disabled people go unnoticed because they do not have an opportunity to showcase them. The government is also putting efforts from their side for the welfare of people with disabilities in the state of Odisha.
Nitin Chandra, Secretary, Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD), said that the skills of disabled people must be tapped at the earliest. According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016, Act, 5% quota is provided for disabled people in corporate companies. But many are still hesitant to hire disabled people.
Five companies were felicitated for hiring disabled people as part of their workforce. GINGER Hotels, Reliance Industries (Retail) Ltd, KARVY Data Management Services Pvt Ltd, Future Group (Big Bazaar) and Computer LAB Pvt Ltd. have hired disabled people and provided them with diversified roles in their organizations.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports January 23, 2019 Para badminton camp in Mumbai seeks to nurture talent, attract support
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Amazon Great Indian Sale is here
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Technology January 20, 2019 Assistive technologies help children with Down syndrome. Here's how
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Changing lives of disabled people for the better, the Swabhiman way
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Heavy fog disrupts flights, trains in Delhi
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News