Corporates in Odisha must hire more disabled people, say disability groups in the state
April 21, 2018
Disability organizations from Odisha have asked companies based in the state to hire more disabled people into their workforce.
The talents of disabled people go unnoticed because they do not have an opportunity to showcase them. The government is also putting efforts from their side for the welfare of people with disabilities in the state of Odisha.
Nitin Chandra, Secretary, Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD), said that the skills of disabled people must be tapped at the earliest. According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016, Act, 5% quota is provided for disabled people in corporate companies. But many are still hesitant to hire disabled people.
Five companies were felicitated for hiring disabled people as part of their workforce. GINGER Hotels, Reliance Industries (Retail) Ltd, KARVY Data Management Services Pvt Ltd, Future Group (Big Bazaar) and Computer LAB Pvt Ltd. have hired disabled people and provided them with diversified roles in their organizations.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Technology August 22, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Prashant Gade wins Universal Design Award 2019 for Inali Arm
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Events August 22, 2019 Ganesha Making Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News