Corporates in Odisha must hire more disabled people, say disability groups in the state
Disability organizations from Odisha have asked companies based in the state to hire more disabled people into their workforce.
The talents of disabled people go unnoticed because they do not have an opportunity to showcase them. The government is also putting efforts from their side for the welfare of people with disabilities in the state of Odisha.
Nitin Chandra, Secretary, Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD), said that the skills of disabled people must be tapped at the earliest. According to the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, 2016, Act, 5% quota is provided for disabled people in corporate companies. But many are still hesitant to hire disabled people.
Five companies were felicitated for hiring disabled people as part of their workforce. GINGER Hotels, Reliance Industries (Retail) Ltd, KARVY Data Management Services Pvt Ltd, Future Group (Big Bazaar) and Computer LAB Pvt Ltd. have hired disabled people and provided them with diversified roles in their organizations.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Accessibility October 13, 2018 Feedback sought on issues faced by visually impaired people while using PayTM
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 Savlon's new Braille enabled pack gets a big thumbs up. Will other brands follow?
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
- Parasports October 13, 2018 Asian Para Games 2018 - Sharad Kumar sets new records in men's high jump
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India win Blind Cricket Tri Series final, beat Sri Lanka by 10 wickets
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News