Gyan Prabha - Educational & Vocational Support scheme for people with disabilities
The Gyan Prabha scheme aims to motivate people with disabilities to pursue higher education or skill development courses.
About Gyan Prabha
- There are three categories of courses supported - Professional, Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses, and Vocational Courses.
- Specific amount per course will be given to cover fees, transportation, books, out of pocket expenses, etc.
- The frequency and duration of funding will depend on the specific course structure of the courses. The frequency can be monthly, trimester wise, six-monthly, or annually.
- The time allowed for the disabled person to complete the course will be decided by an authority from the concerned Institute.
Eligibility for Gyan Prabha
- No age and income limit
- Disabled person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Gharaunda, Samarth, Disha or Vikaas.
- Disabled person should be enrolled only under one course under Gyan Prabha at a particular point of time.
- Courses applied for should be recognized by the competent state or central authority.
- Applicant logs into National trust website for the application form. Form has to be submitted online only. No application fee for this scheme.
- Upload scanned documents along with application form.
- Send print-out of the filled application form along with supporting documents of final admission to the National Trust within 40 days.
Documents for enrolment
- Birth certificate of applicant.
- Disability Certificate
- Bank details with account number, name of account holder, name of the bank, name of bank branch, IFSC code etc.
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Admission records of the college, or institute.
- Document mentioning maximum time duration allowed to applicant to complete the course.
- Undertaking given on minimum 50% attendance by the student to be given by parents or the guardians as proof for declaration of transportation.
For list of courses covered under Gyan Prabha, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
For scholarship details, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Government announces scholarships for students with disabilities
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Parasports October 14, 2018 India finish with 72 medals in Asian Para Games, record best ever performance
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
- Get-hooked October 13, 2018 Kerala wheelchair user faces police harassment, organizations rally in support
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News