Gyan Prabha - Educational & Vocational Support scheme for people with disabilities
April 23, 2018
The Gyan Prabha scheme aims to motivate people with disabilities to pursue higher education or skill development courses.
About Gyan Prabha
- There are three categories of courses supported - Professional, Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses, and Vocational Courses.
- Specific amount per course will be given to cover fees, transportation, books, out of pocket expenses, etc.
- The frequency and duration of funding will depend on the specific course structure of the courses. The frequency can be monthly, trimester wise, six-monthly, or annually.
- The time allowed for the disabled person to complete the course will be decided by an authority from the concerned Institute.
Eligibility for Gyan Prabha
- No age and income limit
- Disabled person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Gharaunda, Samarth, Disha or Vikaas.
- Disabled person should be enrolled only under one course under Gyan Prabha at a particular point of time.
- Courses applied for should be recognized by the competent state or central authority.
- Applicant logs into National trust website for the application form. Form has to be submitted online only. No application fee for this scheme.
- Upload scanned documents along with application form.
- Send print-out of the filled application form along with supporting documents of final admission to the National Trust within 40 days.
Documents for enrolment
- Birth certificate of applicant.
- Disability Certificate
- Bank details with account number, name of account holder, name of the bank, name of bank branch, IFSC code etc.
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Admission records of the college, or institute.
- Document mentioning maximum time duration allowed to applicant to complete the course.
- Undertaking given on minimum 50% attendance by the student to be given by parents or the guardians as proof for declaration of transportation.
For list of courses covered under Gyan Prabha, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
For scholarship details, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Narendra Modi speaks to Donald Trump
- Get-Hooked August 20, 2019 Inclusive Spotfix initiative to beauty Bangalore roads
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News