Gyan Prabha - Educational & Vocational Support scheme for people with disabilities
The Gyan Prabha scheme aims to motivate people with disabilities to pursue higher education or skill development courses.
About Gyan Prabha
- There are three categories of courses supported - Professional, Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses, and Vocational Courses.
- Specific amount per course will be given to cover fees, transportation, books, out of pocket expenses, etc.
- The frequency and duration of funding will depend on the specific course structure of the courses. The frequency can be monthly, trimester wise, six-monthly, or annually.
- The time allowed for the disabled person to complete the course will be decided by an authority from the concerned Institute.
Eligibility for Gyan Prabha
- No age and income limit
- Disabled person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Gharaunda, Samarth, Disha or Vikaas.
- Disabled person should be enrolled only under one course under Gyan Prabha at a particular point of time.
- Courses applied for should be recognized by the competent state or central authority.
- Applicant logs into National trust website for the application form. Form has to be submitted online only. No application fee for this scheme.
- Upload scanned documents along with application form.
- Send print-out of the filled application form along with supporting documents of final admission to the National Trust within 40 days.
Documents for enrolment
- Birth certificate of applicant.
- Disability Certificate
- Bank details with account number, name of account holder, name of the bank, name of bank branch, IFSC code etc.
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Admission records of the college, or institute.
- Document mentioning maximum time duration allowed to applicant to complete the course.
- Undertaking given on minimum 50% attendance by the student to be given by parents or the guardians as proof for declaration of transportation.
For list of courses covered under Gyan Prabha, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
For scholarship details, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 21, 2019 PM launches National Museum of Indian Cinema
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Get-hooked January 23, 2019 The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
- Accessibility January 24, 2019 Paytm modifies app to make it accessible for blind, low vision users
- Events January 24, 2019 Anand Mitra Mandal for Deaf 42nd Anniversary
- Events January 20, 2019 Parent Workshop on Toilet Training
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Amputee Mayur Dumasia's 5-state cycling expedition is an inspiration to all
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Bhopal is hosting Deaf Festival 2019, know more
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines January 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News