Gyan Prabha - Educational & Vocational Support scheme for people with disabilities
April 23, 2018
The Gyan Prabha scheme aims to motivate people with disabilities to pursue higher education or skill development courses.
About Gyan Prabha
- There are three categories of courses supported - Professional, Graduation and Post-Graduation Courses, and Vocational Courses.
- Specific amount per course will be given to cover fees, transportation, books, out of pocket expenses, etc.
- The frequency and duration of funding will depend on the specific course structure of the courses. The frequency can be monthly, trimester wise, six-monthly, or annually.
- The time allowed for the disabled person to complete the course will be decided by an authority from the concerned Institute.
Eligibility for Gyan Prabha
- No age and income limit
- Disabled person should have one of the disabilities under the National Trust Act, 1999
- Disabled person should not be enrolled under Gharaunda, Samarth, Disha or Vikaas.
- Disabled person should be enrolled only under one course under Gyan Prabha at a particular point of time.
- Courses applied for should be recognized by the competent state or central authority.
- Applicant logs into National trust website for the application form. Form has to be submitted online only. No application fee for this scheme.
- Upload scanned documents along with application form.
- Send print-out of the filled application form along with supporting documents of final admission to the National Trust within 40 days.
Documents for enrolment
- Birth certificate of applicant.
- Disability Certificate
- Bank details with account number, name of account holder, name of the bank, name of bank branch, IFSC code etc.
- ID proof of parent or guardian
- Admission records of the college, or institute.
- Document mentioning maximum time duration allowed to applicant to complete the course.
- Undertaking given on minimum 50% attendance by the student to be given by parents or the guardians as proof for declaration of transportation.
For list of courses covered under Gyan Prabha, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
For scholarship details, click here - http://thenationaltrust.gov.in/content/scheme/gyan-prabha.php
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Accessibility May 17, 2019 Anuprayaas is making railway stations inclusive & accessible for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - From anxiety to empowerment, the journey of Latha Venkatesan
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News