Katta Simhachalam is India's 1st blind officer to join the Income Tax department!
April 22, 2018
Nagpur recently witnessed the passing out of the 70th batch from the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT). The star of the moment was Katta Simhachalan, India's first blind officer to join the income tax department through the Indian Revenue Services (IRS).
Simhachalan, along with the erst of his batchmates, will soon take charge as an Assistant Commissioner.
Not many people in the audience were aware that Simhachalam is blind. His friends helped him walk up to the stage to collect the certificate from Union Finance Secretary, Hasmukh Adhia.
Simhachalam belongs to Andhra Pradesh, and is a strong believer in words, not actions. He says three factors are critical to overcome disability.
The first is the human factor where one needs the support of their families and close friends. The second is technology and devices that make life simpler for disabled people. Third is a positive attitude to overcome any hurdles in life. Simhachalam says that his family has always been his biggest support.
This young man is all set to take up his new role.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 11, 2019 Visually impaired girls from Ahmedabad chosen to perform the garba at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News