Punjab University launches equal opportunity cell for disabled students
An equal opportunity cell has finally been launched by the Punjab University - PU for students with disabilities.
The disabled students of PU went through a lot of struggle over last two years to convince the PU administration regarding the EOC-PwD.
Universities such as Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University already have the EOC-PwD that work towards the welfare of university students that have disabilities.
University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued guidelines stating that all universities and colleges should form an equal opportunity cell for SC, ST, OBC and PWD students.
PU already has a SC/ST Cell but the disabled students had to wait for a EOC to be set up for them.
The next step will be to form a three-member core committee, including the EOC-PwD coordinator, and a six-member student executive body.
The Punjab University has also decided to launch a free e-rickshaws for disabled students on the campus.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Animal lovers protest against decision to shoot down tigress Avni
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News