Paraplegic painter Abhimanyu Sekhon brings nature to life on canvas
April 23, 2018
Chandigarh-based lawyer and painter Abhimanyu Sekhon is currently exhibiting his paintings at the Government Museum and Art Gallery in Sector 10 in the city. His work shows that physical disability is no barrier to pursuing what one loves.
27-year-old Sekhon, who is a paraplegic, has exhibited his work across India. This is his fifth solo exhibition in the country.
Sekhon travels to various places, takes pictures, and then paints during weekends. Nature plays a big part in all of his paintings.
Sekhon started painting less than 10 years ago. He was inspired by nature to start painting seriously. His favourite colours are green and yellow.
He paints with water colours and acrylic colours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 11, 2019 Higher chances of peace with India if Modi wins: Imran Khan
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News