Paraplegic painter Abhimanyu Sekhon brings nature to life on canvas
Chandigarh-based lawyer and painter Abhimanyu Sekhon is currently exhibiting his paintings at the Government Museum and Art Gallery in Sector 10 in the city. His work shows that physical disability is no barrier to pursuing what one loves.
27-year-old Sekhon, who is a paraplegic, has exhibited his work across India. This is his fifth solo exhibition in the country.
Sekhon travels to various places, takes pictures, and then paints during weekends. Nature plays a big part in all of his paintings.
Sekhon started painting less than 10 years ago. He was inspired by nature to start painting seriously. His favourite colours are green and yellow.
He paints with water colours and acrylic colours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News