Paraplegic painter Abhimanyu Sekhon brings nature to life on canvas
April 23, 2018
Chandigarh-based lawyer and painter Abhimanyu Sekhon is currently exhibiting his paintings at the Government Museum and Art Gallery in Sector 10 in the city. His work shows that physical disability is no barrier to pursuing what one loves.
27-year-old Sekhon, who is a paraplegic, has exhibited his work across India. This is his fifth solo exhibition in the country.
Sekhon travels to various places, takes pictures, and then paints during weekends. Nature plays a big part in all of his paintings.
Sekhon started painting less than 10 years ago. He was inspired by nature to start painting seriously. His favourite colours are green and yellow.
He paints with water colours and acrylic colours.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News