Australian High Commission hosts inclusive blind cricket match, 1st of its kind in India
The Australian High Commission hosted an Inclusive Blind Cricket Exhibition Match in New Delhi as part of its #Development4All campaign.
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr Thawarchand Gehlot, flipped a coin to decide which team would play first.
Australia’s Deputy High Commissioner Chris Elstoft and Mr Gehlot also played a few balls before the play started.
The two teams, A and B, had a mix of players from the Indian Blind Cricket team and diplomats from the Australian, British and New Zealand High Commissions.
Team A, which was led by Ajay Kumar Reddy, captain of Indian national blind cricket team, chose to bat first and made a total of 99/5 in six overs.
Chasing down their total, Team B could only make 82 in six overs. Team A won the match by 17 runs.
Ajay Kumar Reddy was also judged man of the match for making an unbeaten 53 off 12 balls in the match.
Amongst the spectators were Mahantesh GK, President, Cricket Association for the Blind in India, and Shakuntala D Gamlin, Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
- India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
December 16, 2018
- Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
December 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Parasports December 11, 2018 Protest by Kerala para sportspersons to draw attention to struggle for facilities, funding
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Parasports December 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018