Nagpur railway station introduces wheelchair lift for disabled travellers
The Nagpur railway station is introducing a wheelchair lift! This new lift will help disabled passengers to arrive in front of their compartment berths.
Wheelchairs in Nagpur stations are often run by coolies. The authorities will teach the coolies on how to use the wheelchair lifts in two different phases.
The wheelchair lift has been introduced as part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project of Nagpur railway station. Rs three lakh has been spent on the wheelchair lift. Authorities believe that this new lift will benefit disabled passengers a lot.
The vehicle will be operated with the help of rechargeable batteries. Once charged, it will run up to 25 kms. Any standard wheelchair that is used by the passenger can be lifted with the help of this lifting machine. It will help in rolling the wheelchair in and out of the compartment. It is also made in order to run though narrow passages.
Very less effort is put into running this equipment as it runs with a joystick. Hence, the user needs to put minimal effort in controlling it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Filmmaker Rustom Irani to explore legal options against Jet Airways for alleged manhandling on flight
November 16, 2018
- Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
November 15, 2018
- This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
November 13, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 Inclusive ferry ride outing in Mumbai for visually impaired fun seekers
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Get-hooked November 15, 2018 Prince Durairaj is on a mission to spread awareness on child sexual abuse
- Parasports November 11, 2018 Want to stay active? Check out these sports for disabled people
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Rohit Sharma in list of batsmen with over 200 boundaries in T20Is
- Accessibility November 10, 2018 Actual number of disabled voters in Telangana missing from list, activists ask for special campaign
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News