Nagpur railway station introduces wheelchair lift for disabled travellers
April 24, 2018
The Nagpur railway station is introducing a wheelchair lift! This new lift will help disabled passengers to arrive in front of their compartment berths.
Wheelchairs in Nagpur stations are often run by coolies. The authorities will teach the coolies on how to use the wheelchair lifts in two different phases.
The wheelchair lift has been introduced as part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project of Nagpur railway station. Rs three lakh has been spent on the wheelchair lift. Authorities believe that this new lift will benefit disabled passengers a lot.
The vehicle will be operated with the help of rechargeable batteries. Once charged, it will run up to 25 kms. Any standard wheelchair that is used by the passenger can be lifted with the help of this lifting machine. It will help in rolling the wheelchair in and out of the compartment. It is also made in order to run though narrow passages.
Very less effort is put into running this equipment as it runs with a joystick. Hence, the user needs to put minimal effort in controlling it.
Watch in Sign Language
- PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
March 25, 2019
- Best practice in early screening for deaf children in Mumbai - A study by The Stephen High School for the Deaf
March 22, 2019
- Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
March 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Anil Ambani pays dues, avoids jail term
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Pakistan will not broadcast IPL 2019 matches
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Events March 20, 2019 Parent Interaction With Jo Chopra
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News