Nagpur railway station introduces wheelchair lift for disabled travellers
April 24, 2018
The Nagpur railway station is introducing a wheelchair lift! This new lift will help disabled passengers to arrive in front of their compartment berths.
Wheelchairs in Nagpur stations are often run by coolies. The authorities will teach the coolies on how to use the wheelchair lifts in two different phases.
The wheelchair lift has been introduced as part of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) project of Nagpur railway station. Rs three lakh has been spent on the wheelchair lift. Authorities believe that this new lift will benefit disabled passengers a lot.
The vehicle will be operated with the help of rechargeable batteries. Once charged, it will run up to 25 kms. Any standard wheelchair that is used by the passenger can be lifted with the help of this lifting machine. It will help in rolling the wheelchair in and out of the compartment. It is also made in order to run though narrow passages.
Very less effort is put into running this equipment as it runs with a joystick. Hence, the user needs to put minimal effort in controlling it.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Former union Minister P Chidambaram in CBI custody until Monday
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Technology August 23, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Low cost foot orthosis wins Aneesh Karma wins Universal Design Award 2019
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Accessibility August 23, 2019 Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Accessibility August 22, 2019 Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News