Here is how to enjoy an accessible vacation at Kumarakom!
April 24, 2018
Summer is here, and there are many ways to beat the scorching heat. One of it would be an escape to a plush and green holiday destination.
Enable Travel, which organizes accessible holidays in many parts of India and abroad, recommends Kumarakom!.
Kumarakom is a small village located on Vembanad Lake, in the backwaters of Kerala. Kerala is called God's own country due to its immense beauty and greenery that surrounds its villages.
If you have a disability, Enable Travel recommends Coconut Lagoon to stay at. This is a wheelchair accessible resort. There is a place earmarked for entry for accessible vehicles as well. Inside the property, all facilities are accessible for wheelchair users.
The resort depicts authentic houses of Kerala, built in all its simplicity and grandeur. You can treat yourselves with the beauty of the backwaters by accessing their exclusive spaces to chill out. The rooms and villas are wheelchair friendly.
Coconut Lagoon has wide doorways and accessible power outlets. Bathrooms have accessible commodes and roll-in shower facilities. The staff shall also make sure that the needs of disabled guests are taken care of.
Food to die for
If you want to indulge in delicious Kerala food, then Kumarakom has a variety to satisfy you. This small village boasts of authentic Malayali food. Located at the backwaters, seafood is the main highlight. One must try the fresh and spicy seafood prepared by the locals. The fresh catch from the backwaters is world famous. The flavours of spices melt in your mouth. So does the fresh fish!
You must definitely not miss the exclusive Kumarakom Fish curry and Naadan Fish Fry. These are made with fresh varieties of fish like the mackerel, pearlspot, and seerfish. Teamed with brown rice (Kerala special) and fresh curd, these dishes are to die for!
Squid, prawns, quail, and rabbit meat are some of the other delicacies that are available in Kumarakom.
Taking a tour at the backwaters on a boat will be a treat to your eyes. The place will be thronged with tourists during this time due to vacations. But getting hold of a good tour guide will solve all your problems.
Vacation on mind? Now, you know where to head to for an escapade!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News