Praveen Teotia, India's 1st disabled Ironman, proves he is still a commando in body & spirit!
April 24, 2018
Praveen Teotia, a former Marine Commando and disabled ironman, has won the prestigious Ironman Triathlon Championship 2018 in South Africa.
Teotia is a Shaurya Chakra winner. During the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, he was shot in the chest but helped kill terrorists inside the Taj Mahal Hotel.
He suffered a punctured lung and became hearing impaired after a bullet entered his ear. He was later given non-active duty by the navy and became a big motivation for Teotia to compete for the toughest race on earth.
Teotia says that he wanted to prove to himself that he was still a commando in spirit as well as in body. No Navy man from India has ever finished the Triathlon so far.
He did not give up during the race even though a critical part of his cycle crumbled and he fell down on the road and injured himself. He managed to get his cycle fixed and complete the distance of 180.2 km in 7:37 hours.
Teotia is now preparing for America's Ultraman that will be held in February 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Headlines July 11, 2019 Karnataka political drama unfolds outside Mumbai hotel
- Headlines July 12, 2019 Virat shares message with fans after loss
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Sibaji Panda is bringing Indian sign language to the forefront
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News