Praveen Teotia, India's 1st disabled Ironman, proves he is still a commando in body & spirit!
Praveen Teotia, a former Marine Commando and disabled ironman, has won the prestigious Ironman Triathlon Championship 2018 in South Africa.
Teotia is a Shaurya Chakra winner. During the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, he was shot in the chest but helped kill terrorists inside the Taj Mahal Hotel.
He suffered a punctured lung and became hearing impaired after a bullet entered his ear. He was later given non-active duty by the navy and became a big motivation for Teotia to compete for the toughest race on earth.
Teotia says that he wanted to prove to himself that he was still a commando in spirit as well as in body. No Navy man from India has ever finished the Triathlon so far.
He did not give up during the race even though a critical part of his cycle crumbled and he fell down on the road and injured himself. He managed to get his cycle fixed and complete the distance of 180.2 km in 7:37 hours.
Teotia is now preparing for America's Ultraman that will be held in February 2019.
Watch in Sign Language
- Nothing stops this blind cricketer from batting for inclusion into IPL
December 17, 2018
- Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
December 16, 2018
- India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 11, 2018 Farmer sells 2,000-kg onion for 6/-, sends money to top politician
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports December 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018