Yashveer Goyal is a rising star in the world of para badminton
April 25, 2018
The world of para badminton has a new star to look forward to!
Yashveer Goyal has brought honour to Bathinda district in Punjab by winning silver and bronze medals in the double and individual categories in the 9th Punjab State Deaf Badminton Championship. The event was organized in Chandigarh.
Yashveer, who is not even 19 years old, has been selected for the national badminton championship, which is likely to be held in Maharashtra this year.
This was Yashveer's first attempt in the state championship, and he is off to a brilliant start. He will play in individual and double categories in the national badminton championship.
Yashveer played six matches in the championship and won four matches easily. He lost two matches to players, who were much older than he is.
Yashveer was in the news earlier for being the only boy from Punjab to win the Achievement Award in the Global Information Technology (IT) Championship, held in Vietnam in 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News