Yashveer Goyal is a rising star in the world of para badminton
The world of para badminton has a new star to look forward to!
Yashveer Goyal has brought honour to Bathinda district in Punjab by winning silver and bronze medals in the double and individual categories in the 9th Punjab State Deaf Badminton Championship. The event was organized in Chandigarh.
Yashveer, who is not even 19 years old, has been selected for the national badminton championship, which is likely to be held in Maharashtra this year.
This was Yashveer's first attempt in the state championship, and he is off to a brilliant start. He will play in individual and double categories in the national badminton championship.
Yashveer played six matches in the championship and won four matches easily. He lost two matches to players, who were much older than he is.
Yashveer was in the news earlier for being the only boy from Punjab to win the Achievement Award in the Global Information Technology (IT) Championship, held in Vietnam in 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News