Yashveer Goyal is a rising star in the world of para badminton
April 25, 2018
The world of para badminton has a new star to look forward to!
Yashveer Goyal has brought honour to Bathinda district in Punjab by winning silver and bronze medals in the double and individual categories in the 9th Punjab State Deaf Badminton Championship. The event was organized in Chandigarh.
Yashveer, who is not even 19 years old, has been selected for the national badminton championship, which is likely to be held in Maharashtra this year.
This was Yashveer's first attempt in the state championship, and he is off to a brilliant start. He will play in individual and double categories in the national badminton championship.
Yashveer played six matches in the championship and won four matches easily. He lost two matches to players, who were much older than he is.
Yashveer was in the news earlier for being the only boy from Punjab to win the Achievement Award in the Global Information Technology (IT) Championship, held in Vietnam in 2017.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Education June 10, 2019 Kidsville Educational Academy offers a shoulder to children with disabilities, & families too
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News