Here is how you can enjoy an accessible vacation at Udaipur!
April 30, 2018
It is that time of the year when everyone is in vacation mode. People are looking out for different options to holiday with friends and family. A getaway to an exotic place is a good idea!
Enable Travel, which organizes accessible holidays in many parts of India and abroad, recommends Udaipur!
Accessible Places in Udaipur
Udaipur is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in India. Located in the state of Rajasthan, it is popularly called City of Lakes and Kashmir of Rajasthan, thanks to its limitless beauty!
Udaipur also boasts of many palaces and lakes in all its grandeur. The city is known for its rich history, cultural and ethnic beauty.
Most of the tourist places in Udaipur are accessible to people with loco-motor disabilities. They have wheelchair ramps in many destinations with an elevator access.
Udaipur has some of the most beautiful lakes in Rajasthan. Rahngsagar, Doodh Talai, Fateh Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, and Pichola lakes are some of the prominent ones.
There are many small lanes in the city. These lanes give you a glimpse of how locals live. All the popular lanes are accessible.
Saheliyon Ki Bari is a huge garden and a popular tourist destination in Udaipur. This beautiful garden is maintained well by the government. It is fairly accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities.
A vacation is not complete without trying out the local delicacies. Udaipur is host to many treats. Their sweets are to die for! Make sure that you do not miss the authentic Rajasthani Thali at Udaipur. Street food too is very popular. Ensure that you relish them at a hygienic place. Gol guppas are a must try!
Udaipur is one of the cities in India that is worst hit by the summer heat. So if you do go on a holiday there, make sure you carry some cool cottons.
Where to stay
The Trident in Udaipur is accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities. The hotel has wheelchair ramps. The rooms are spacious with a tiled floor. Bathrooms have an accessible sink and roll-in showers with an accessible commode.
The staff are friendly, and will cater to all your needs.
Now that you know the best places to go to, wait no more. Happy vacationing at Udaipur!
Watch in Sign Language
- Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
August 26, 2019
- Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
August 25, 2019
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Kerala nun seeks justice from the Vatican
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 26, 2019 PV Sindhu becomes World Champion
- Accessibility August 26, 2019 Entrepreneur Prateeek Khandelwal’s accessibility campaign #RampMyCity spreads wings across India
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 25, 2019 Ex Minister Arun Jaitley is no more
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News