Here is how you can enjoy an accessible vacation at Udaipur!
It is that time of the year when everyone is in vacation mode. People are looking out for different options to holiday with friends and family. A getaway to an exotic place is a good idea!
Enable Travel, which organizes accessible holidays in many parts of India and abroad, recommends Udaipur!
Accessible Places in Udaipur
Udaipur is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in India. Located in the state of Rajasthan, it is popularly called City of Lakes and Kashmir of Rajasthan, thanks to its limitless beauty!
Udaipur also boasts of many palaces and lakes in all its grandeur. The city is known for its rich history, cultural and ethnic beauty.
Most of the tourist places in Udaipur are accessible to people with loco-motor disabilities. They have wheelchair ramps in many destinations with an elevator access.
Udaipur has some of the most beautiful lakes in Rajasthan. Rahngsagar, Doodh Talai, Fateh Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, and Pichola lakes are some of the prominent ones.
There are many small lanes in the city. These lanes give you a glimpse of how locals live. All the popular lanes are accessible.
Saheliyon Ki Bari is a huge garden and a popular tourist destination in Udaipur. This beautiful garden is maintained well by the government. It is fairly accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities.
A vacation is not complete without trying out the local delicacies. Udaipur is host to many treats. Their sweets are to die for! Make sure that you do not miss the authentic Rajasthani Thali at Udaipur. Street food too is very popular. Ensure that you relish them at a hygienic place. Gol guppas are a must try!
Udaipur is one of the cities in India that is worst hit by the summer heat. So if you do go on a holiday there, make sure you carry some cool cottons.
Where to stay
The Trident in Udaipur is accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities. The hotel has wheelchair ramps. The rooms are spacious with a tiled floor. Bathrooms have an accessible sink and roll-in showers with an accessible commode.
The staff are friendly, and will cater to all your needs.
Now that you know the best places to go to, wait no more. Happy vacationing at Udaipur!
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports November 19, 2018 Coach Jaspal Dhani on a mission to put India on the global map of wheelchair basketball
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Headlines November 19, 2018 Ranveer & Deepika back in India after tying the knot
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Get-hooked November 18, 2018 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
- Get-hooked November 16, 2018 Some tips to make learning fun for children with autism
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News