Here is how you can enjoy an accessible vacation at Udaipur!
April 30, 2018
It is that time of the year when everyone is in vacation mode. People are looking out for different options to holiday with friends and family. A getaway to an exotic place is a good idea!
Enable Travel, which organizes accessible holidays in many parts of India and abroad, recommends Udaipur!
Accessible Places in Udaipur
Udaipur is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in India. Located in the state of Rajasthan, it is popularly called City of Lakes and Kashmir of Rajasthan, thanks to its limitless beauty!
Udaipur also boasts of many palaces and lakes in all its grandeur. The city is known for its rich history, cultural and ethnic beauty.
Most of the tourist places in Udaipur are accessible to people with loco-motor disabilities. They have wheelchair ramps in many destinations with an elevator access.
Udaipur has some of the most beautiful lakes in Rajasthan. Rahngsagar, Doodh Talai, Fateh Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, and Pichola lakes are some of the prominent ones.
There are many small lanes in the city. These lanes give you a glimpse of how locals live. All the popular lanes are accessible.
Saheliyon Ki Bari is a huge garden and a popular tourist destination in Udaipur. This beautiful garden is maintained well by the government. It is fairly accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities.
A vacation is not complete without trying out the local delicacies. Udaipur is host to many treats. Their sweets are to die for! Make sure that you do not miss the authentic Rajasthani Thali at Udaipur. Street food too is very popular. Ensure that you relish them at a hygienic place. Gol guppas are a must try!
Udaipur is one of the cities in India that is worst hit by the summer heat. So if you do go on a holiday there, make sure you carry some cool cottons.
Where to stay
The Trident in Udaipur is accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities. The hotel has wheelchair ramps. The rooms are spacious with a tiled floor. Bathrooms have an accessible sink and roll-in showers with an accessible commode.
The staff are friendly, and will cater to all your needs.
Now that you know the best places to go to, wait no more. Happy vacationing at Udaipur!
Watch in Sign Language
- A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
March 21, 2019
- Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
March 20, 2019
- Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
March 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility March 14, 2019 Court asks ministries to respond to PIL challenging separate ID cards for rail concessions for disabled people
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Events March 14, 2019 Sangarsh'19
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Events March 14, 2019 Future Planning for persons with special needs
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 My disability taught me to unlock my potential - My Take by Dhanya Ravi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News