Here is how you can enjoy an accessible vacation at Udaipur!
April 30, 2018
It is that time of the year when everyone is in vacation mode. People are looking out for different options to holiday with friends and family. A getaway to an exotic place is a good idea!
Enable Travel, which organizes accessible holidays in many parts of India and abroad, recommends Udaipur!
Accessible Places in Udaipur
Udaipur is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in India. Located in the state of Rajasthan, it is popularly called City of Lakes and Kashmir of Rajasthan, thanks to its limitless beauty!
Udaipur also boasts of many palaces and lakes in all its grandeur. The city is known for its rich history, cultural and ethnic beauty.
Most of the tourist places in Udaipur are accessible to people with loco-motor disabilities. They have wheelchair ramps in many destinations with an elevator access.
Udaipur has some of the most beautiful lakes in Rajasthan. Rahngsagar, Doodh Talai, Fateh Sagar, Swaroop Sagar, and Pichola lakes are some of the prominent ones.
There are many small lanes in the city. These lanes give you a glimpse of how locals live. All the popular lanes are accessible.
Saheliyon Ki Bari is a huge garden and a popular tourist destination in Udaipur. This beautiful garden is maintained well by the government. It is fairly accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities.
A vacation is not complete without trying out the local delicacies. Udaipur is host to many treats. Their sweets are to die for! Make sure that you do not miss the authentic Rajasthani Thali at Udaipur. Street food too is very popular. Ensure that you relish them at a hygienic place. Gol guppas are a must try!
Udaipur is one of the cities in India that is worst hit by the summer heat. So if you do go on a holiday there, make sure you carry some cool cottons.
Where to stay
The Trident in Udaipur is accessible for people with loco-motor disabilities. The hotel has wheelchair ramps. The rooms are spacious with a tiled floor. Bathrooms have an accessible sink and roll-in showers with an accessible commode.
The staff are friendly, and will cater to all your needs.
Now that you know the best places to go to, wait no more. Happy vacationing at Udaipur!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Pakistani air space to remain shut for Indian flights till 30 May
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Virat is 1st cricketer with 100 million fans on social media
- Headlines May 17, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya apologizes for Godse comments
- Headlines May 16, 2019 CRPF bans jawans from playing PUBG game
- Get-hooked May 17, 2019 Accessibility among 5 areas under focus in 11th edition of NASSCOM Social Innovation Forum
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News