A Workshop on Table Etiquettes for Visually Impaired People
Are you a visually challenged individual who is uncomfortable with table etiquette when dining out?
Are you worried that you might inadvertently knock over a glass of lemonade or put your sleeve in the curry? Are you concerned about when to start eating?
Are you unsure about which container is the salt and which one is the pepper?
Many blind individuals confess that one of their biggest fears is eating in front of others. Whether at home with their family or in a public restaurant with friends, they fear looking foolish while eating.
When eating out, questions and situations will inevitably arise. Join BGFI as we share strategies and techniques for "being a part of it all over lunch." A well-known trainer, will share several tried-and-true techniques you can use to eat your meals confidently, whether it’s pav bhaji in front of the television or an elegant dinner out.
We will describe many tried-and-true tips and techniques to make dining enjoyable. This will certainly make food handling a truly comfortable experience.
Practice makes perfect.
Together, let’s practice some basic techniques other than those for locating items on the table such as your water glass!
Please contact organiser for payment details!
Image attached shows a food plate with a fork and spoon on the sides.
- Starts on: Saturday, 28 Apr 2018 at 11:00 PM
- Ends on: Saturday, 28 Apr 2018 at 03:00 PM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: The Bombay Havelli Restaurant, Next to Roxy Cinema, Opera House. Opposite HP Petrol Pump. Next to Charni Road East Station
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Blind Graduates forum of India - BGFI
- Organizer Phone: 9892145699,9930775758
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://bgfi.in/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News