Smart Seniors' initiative in Kochi aims to make senior citizens tech savvy
ResPublica Consulting and Karuna Communications have launched the Smart Seniors' initiative in Kerala.
The aim of the initiative is to educate senior citizens about using technology.
A group of 30 senior citizens were recently taught how to use smartphones.
Smartphones have become very common. However, the devices are not easy for all senior citizens to use.
The session covered the basic uses of iPhone and Android phones.
Senior citizens attended the session with enthusiasm and sought answers to questions regarding Google Search, Facebook, and WhatsApp messaging.
Organizers also advised the old people about making online payments, hiring cabs, and other basic information.
Smartphones can make the lives of retired easier as lot of things can be accessed through the phone.
The session was very useful for the senior citizens. They said they knew more about a device that is a part of everyone’s life.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News