Simon Kindleysides is world's 1st paralyzed man to finish the London Marathon
Simon Kindleysides has become the first paralysed man ever to complete the London Marathon.
Simon took over 36 hours to complete the 26.2 miles. He walked for two days in the hottest weather recorded during the London Marathon.
He has also become the fastest man in the world to complete a full marathon in a ReWalk exo-suit.
ReWalk is a exoskeleton suit and Simon wore the latest model, which is a lightweight suit.
The wearable suit was specially designed according to Simon's height and weight.
Simon was extremely happy when he reached the finish line of the marathon and was greeted by his family and friends.
Simon Kindleysides became paralyzed in 2013 due to a neurological brain condition and a brain tumor.
Through the two days of the marathon walk, Simon received support from the audience.
This motivated him to keep going and he has created history with his strong will and strength of mind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 12, 2018 Strengthening the parent-child bond is key to empowering kids with autism at Aarambh
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Goa Governor’s comment about blind people raises hackles
- Technology October 17, 2018 DALI, India's 1st regional language dyslexia screening tool, is now available as an app
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Parasports October 13, 2018 Asian Para Games 2018 - Sharad Kumar sets new records in men's high jump
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News