Simon Kindleysides is world's 1st paralyzed man to finish the London Marathon
April 26, 2018
Simon Kindleysides has become the first paralysed man ever to complete the London Marathon.
Simon took over 36 hours to complete the 26.2 miles. He walked for two days in the hottest weather recorded during the London Marathon.
He has also become the fastest man in the world to complete a full marathon in a ReWalk exo-suit.
ReWalk is a exoskeleton suit and Simon wore the latest model, which is a lightweight suit.
The wearable suit was specially designed according to Simon's height and weight.
Simon was extremely happy when he reached the finish line of the marathon and was greeted by his family and friends.
Simon Kindleysides became paralyzed in 2013 due to a neurological brain condition and a brain tumor.
Through the two days of the marathon walk, Simon received support from the audience.
This motivated him to keep going and he has created history with his strong will and strength of mind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Employment May 19, 2019 At Indore workshop on workplace inclusion, corporates share learnings & inspiring stories
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News