Simon Kindleysides is world's 1st paralyzed man to finish the London Marathon
Simon Kindleysides has become the first paralysed man ever to complete the London Marathon.
Simon took over 36 hours to complete the 26.2 miles. He walked for two days in the hottest weather recorded during the London Marathon.
He has also become the fastest man in the world to complete a full marathon in a ReWalk exo-suit.
ReWalk is a exoskeleton suit and Simon wore the latest model, which is a lightweight suit.
The wearable suit was specially designed according to Simon's height and weight.
Simon was extremely happy when he reached the finish line of the marathon and was greeted by his family and friends.
Simon Kindleysides became paralyzed in 2013 due to a neurological brain condition and a brain tumor.
Through the two days of the marathon walk, Simon received support from the audience.
This motivated him to keep going and he has created history with his strong will and strength of mind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Kangana threatens to destroy Karni Sena over objections to film
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
- Headlines January 24, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi joins politics, gets key role
- Headlines January 17, 2019 Tributes for Dhoni after great show against Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News