Simon Kindleysides is world's 1st paralyzed man to finish the London Marathon
April 26, 2018
Simon Kindleysides has become the first paralysed man ever to complete the London Marathon.
Simon took over 36 hours to complete the 26.2 miles. He walked for two days in the hottest weather recorded during the London Marathon.
He has also become the fastest man in the world to complete a full marathon in a ReWalk exo-suit.
ReWalk is a exoskeleton suit and Simon wore the latest model, which is a lightweight suit.
The wearable suit was specially designed according to Simon's height and weight.
Simon was extremely happy when he reached the finish line of the marathon and was greeted by his family and friends.
Simon Kindleysides became paralyzed in 2013 due to a neurological brain condition and a brain tumor.
Through the two days of the marathon walk, Simon received support from the audience.
This motivated him to keep going and he has created history with his strong will and strength of mind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 #RareDiseases - Organisation for Rare Diseases in India is out to change perceptions
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 11, 2019 India lose semi-final to New Zealand
- Events July 11, 2019 SignAlong - Sign language workshop
- Education July 10, 2019 Innovative English language skills programme for deaf kids spreads its wings to Sri Lanka
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News