Simon Kindleysides is world's 1st paralyzed man to finish the London Marathon
April 26, 2018
Simon Kindleysides has become the first paralysed man ever to complete the London Marathon.
Simon took over 36 hours to complete the 26.2 miles. He walked for two days in the hottest weather recorded during the London Marathon.
He has also become the fastest man in the world to complete a full marathon in a ReWalk exo-suit.
ReWalk is a exoskeleton suit and Simon wore the latest model, which is a lightweight suit.
The wearable suit was specially designed according to Simon's height and weight.
Simon was extremely happy when he reached the finish line of the marathon and was greeted by his family and friends.
Simon Kindleysides became paralyzed in 2013 due to a neurological brain condition and a brain tumor.
Through the two days of the marathon walk, Simon received support from the audience.
This motivated him to keep going and he has created history with his strong will and strength of mind.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News