Spoken feedback to higher colour contrast - Pinterest's new features for visually impaired users!
Pinterest, the web and mobile application company that enables users to find information on the web using images and videos, has launched features for users who are visually impaired.
The features have been released for iOS for now. Pinterest has said that Android will be added soon. With this most of Pinterest is now accessible for people who are blind or visually impaired:
The new features are -
- Screen reader support - This will give spoken feedback to people with total or partial vision loss. It will make it easier for them to sign up for Pinterest, browse, and save content.
- Clear focus indicators - People with visual and motor disabilities can now navigate Pinterest without mice or trackpads. They can use keyboards or other devices to see which part of the site they are focused on.
- Increased colour contrasts - Text is now easier to read as its set against coloured backgrounds. This is helpful for users with sensitivities to bright colours or low vision.
- Strong type hierarchy, sizing and bolding - Pinterest has enabled support for dynamic font sizes. This will enable users to change the text size they see via its default accessibility feature.
Watch in Sign Language
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
- BleeTV offers accessible, stimulating content, on demand, in Indian sign language
February 7, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News