Spoken feedback to higher colour contrast - Pinterest's new features for visually impaired users!
April 27, 2018
Pinterest, the web and mobile application company that enables users to find information on the web using images and videos, has launched features for users who are visually impaired.
The features have been released for iOS for now. Pinterest has said that Android will be added soon. With this most of Pinterest is now accessible for people who are blind or visually impaired:
The new features are -
- Screen reader support - This will give spoken feedback to people with total or partial vision loss. It will make it easier for them to sign up for Pinterest, browse, and save content.
- Clear focus indicators - People with visual and motor disabilities can now navigate Pinterest without mice or trackpads. They can use keyboards or other devices to see which part of the site they are focused on.
- Increased colour contrasts - Text is now easier to read as its set against coloured backgrounds. This is helpful for users with sensitivities to bright colours or low vision.
- Strong type hierarchy, sizing and bolding - Pinterest has enabled support for dynamic font sizes. This will enable users to change the text size they see via its default accessibility feature.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Australia
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News