Spoken feedback to higher colour contrast - Pinterest's new features for visually impaired users!
Pinterest, the web and mobile application company that enables users to find information on the web using images and videos, has launched features for users who are visually impaired.
The features have been released for iOS for now. Pinterest has said that Android will be added soon. With this most of Pinterest is now accessible for people who are blind or visually impaired:
The new features are -
- Screen reader support - This will give spoken feedback to people with total or partial vision loss. It will make it easier for them to sign up for Pinterest, browse, and save content.
- Clear focus indicators - People with visual and motor disabilities can now navigate Pinterest without mice or trackpads. They can use keyboards or other devices to see which part of the site they are focused on.
- Increased colour contrasts - Text is now easier to read as its set against coloured backgrounds. This is helpful for users with sensitivities to bright colours or low vision.
- Strong type hierarchy, sizing and bolding - Pinterest has enabled support for dynamic font sizes. This will enable users to change the text size they see via its default accessibility feature.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 9, 2018 'Thugs of Hindostan' movie review
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Get-hooked November 7, 2018 Bengaluru’s inclusive school JDC Sparsha completes 23 successful years
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Events November 8, 2018 South India Level Blind Volleyball Tournament 2018
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News