Spoken feedback to higher colour contrast - Pinterest's new features for visually impaired users!
April 27, 2018
Pinterest, the web and mobile application company that enables users to find information on the web using images and videos, has launched features for users who are visually impaired.
The features have been released for iOS for now. Pinterest has said that Android will be added soon. With this most of Pinterest is now accessible for people who are blind or visually impaired:
The new features are -
- Screen reader support - This will give spoken feedback to people with total or partial vision loss. It will make it easier for them to sign up for Pinterest, browse, and save content.
- Clear focus indicators - People with visual and motor disabilities can now navigate Pinterest without mice or trackpads. They can use keyboards or other devices to see which part of the site they are focused on.
- Increased colour contrasts - Text is now easier to read as its set against coloured backgrounds. This is helpful for users with sensitivities to bright colours or low vision.
- Strong type hierarchy, sizing and bolding - Pinterest has enabled support for dynamic font sizes. This will enable users to change the text size they see via its default accessibility feature.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News