Assam to host a job recruitment drive for disabled people
April 27, 2018
Assam will soon hold a recruitment drive for disabled people. The drive is expected to provide employment to many disabled people in the state.
Pratibandhi Suraksha Sangstha Assam is an NGO that works for people with disabilities. The NGo has submitted a draft to the Principal Secretary of the Social Welfare Department. Once the draft is accepted, a meeting will be held to decide more details about the employment drive.
The first part of the draft deals with bringing out rules on issuing calls letters for disabled people. They will be given letters according to educational qualifications and previous experiences.
The selection process might also be held through a viva. The NGO stresses on the relevance of looking at the educational qualification over anything else. Age limit of the candidate will also not be given much relevance during the selection process.
The Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has asked authorities to look into the employment opportunities for disabled people. He has asked them collaborate with NGOs in order to give a detailed report.
Currently, there are 4,419 vacant posts for disabled people in Assam. Officials are trying to fill in these positions by determining the educational qualification of the person.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News