Haryana government issues directives regarding job quota for disabled people
April 29, 2018
The Haryana Government has issued instructions about job reservation for people with disabilities in the state.
The instructions allow for 4% reservation in government jobs for people with disabilities. The reservation will be applicable in case of direct recruitment to Groups A, B, C & D posts or services.
The jobs will be reserved under the various benchmark disabilities as per the RPWD 2016 Act. These are as follows.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Mobility disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Other multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness
The reservations may be dependent on the type of disability. If a particular vacancy or post is suitable for a particular disability, then reservation in that post shall be given to persons with that disability only.
People with at least 40% of a relevant disability will be eligible for the reservation.
Disability certificate issued by a competent authority will also be required.
The appointing authority will have to ensure that the candidate is eligible to get the benefit of reservation.
The instructions also cover the age limit, exam fee, promotion, selection, and various other aspects of employment.
Watch in Sign Language
- Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
July 15, 2019
- Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
July 13, 2019
- Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation gets set to make buildings accessible
July 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 16, 2019 Swaras and More @ Mitr Cafe
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Accessibility July 13, 2019 Trichy Central Library brings written word alive for new audiences with a section for deaf readers
- Events July 16, 2019 Screening of MetaMorphosis
- Headlines July 15, 2019 England wins 2019 World Cup trophy
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Over 50 people dead, 30 missing in Nepal floods
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Headlines July 13, 2019 Rohit Sharma to lead India for West Indies series
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News