Haryana government issues directives regarding job quota for disabled people
The Haryana Government has issued instructions about job reservation for people with disabilities in the state.
The instructions allow for 4% reservation in government jobs for people with disabilities. The reservation will be applicable in case of direct recruitment to Groups A, B, C & D posts or services.
The jobs will be reserved under the various benchmark disabilities as per the RPWD 2016 Act. These are as follows.
• Blindness and low vision
• Deaf and hard of hearing
• Mobility disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
• Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
• Other multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness
The reservations may be dependent on the type of disability. If a particular vacancy or post is suitable for a particular disability, then reservation in that post shall be given to persons with that disability only.
People with at least 40% of a relevant disability will be eligible for the reservation.
Disability certificate issued by a competent authority will also be required.
The appointing authority will have to ensure that the candidate is eligible to get the benefit of reservation.
The instructions also cover the age limit, exam fee, promotion, selection, and various other aspects of employment.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News