Haryana government issues directives regarding job quota for disabled people
April 29, 2018
The Haryana Government has issued instructions about job reservation for people with disabilities in the state.
The instructions allow for 4% reservation in government jobs for people with disabilities. The reservation will be applicable in case of direct recruitment to Groups A, B, C & D posts or services.
The jobs will be reserved under the various benchmark disabilities as per the RPWD 2016 Act. These are as follows.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Mobility disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Other multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness
The reservations may be dependent on the type of disability. If a particular vacancy or post is suitable for a particular disability, then reservation in that post shall be given to persons with that disability only.
People with at least 40% of a relevant disability will be eligible for the reservation.
Disability certificate issued by a competent authority will also be required.
The appointing authority will have to ensure that the candidate is eligible to get the benefit of reservation.
The instructions also cover the age limit, exam fee, promotion, selection, and various other aspects of employment.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News