Haryana government issues directives regarding job quota for disabled people
The Haryana Government has issued instructions about job reservation for people with disabilities in the state.
The instructions allow for 4% reservation in government jobs for people with disabilities. The reservation will be applicable in case of direct recruitment to Groups A, B, C & D posts or services.
The jobs will be reserved under the various benchmark disabilities as per the RPWD 2016 Act. These are as follows.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Mobility disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Other multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness
The reservations may be dependent on the type of disability. If a particular vacancy or post is suitable for a particular disability, then reservation in that post shall be given to persons with that disability only.
People with at least 40% of a relevant disability will be eligible for the reservation.
Disability certificate issued by a competent authority will also be required.
The appointing authority will have to ensure that the candidate is eligible to get the benefit of reservation.
The instructions also cover the age limit, exam fee, promotion, selection, and various other aspects of employment.
Watch in Sign Language
- Tiruvarur railway station now has an exclusive parking lot for disabled people
- Stereotypes, poor accessibility key stumbling blocks in greater inclusion of disabled people in the Indian workplace
- Improving Lives Foundation’s unique project will make nonacademic books accessible for visually impaired children