Haryana government issues directives regarding job quota for disabled people
April 29, 2018
The Haryana Government has issued instructions about job reservation for people with disabilities in the state.
The instructions allow for 4% reservation in government jobs for people with disabilities. The reservation will be applicable in case of direct recruitment to Groups A, B, C & D posts or services.
The jobs will be reserved under the various benchmark disabilities as per the RPWD 2016 Act. These are as follows.
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Mobility disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness
- Other multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness
The reservations may be dependent on the type of disability. If a particular vacancy or post is suitable for a particular disability, then reservation in that post shall be given to persons with that disability only.
People with at least 40% of a relevant disability will be eligible for the reservation.
Disability certificate issued by a competent authority will also be required.
The appointing authority will have to ensure that the candidate is eligible to get the benefit of reservation.
The instructions also cover the age limit, exam fee, promotion, selection, and various other aspects of employment.
Watch in Sign Language
- #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
August 19, 2019
- Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
August 16, 2019
- Kerala floods underline critical need to frame inclusive disaster risk management policies
August 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Parenting Corner- Motivating children
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Accessibility August 14, 2019 “People with disabilities working in health care inform better care & access” – Dr Lisa Meeks
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Accessibility August 19, 2019 #InclusionChamps – Ankita Gulati wins Universal Design Award 2019 for TouchVision
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News