Legendary blind card magician Richard Turner's story to be immortalized in film
April 29, 2018
Close-up card magician legend Richard Turner will be the subject of a new feature film.
The film will be based on the life story of Richard Turner who became a proficient card magician despite being completely blind.
Turner was earlier the subject of Dealt, an acclaimed documentary about his life that released in 2017.
The filmmakers behind Dealt will also be a part of the team behind the feature film.
The team spent months with Turner and his family to get the magician to open up about his difficulty coming to terms with his disability.
Turner has entertained millions of people with his skills. He relies on his heightened sense of touch to determined what cards are being shuffled.
His love for cards began when he was a child. At the age of nine, his eyesight suddenly began to fail. He was diagnosed with a form of macular degeneration and was told he would eventually go blind.
Turner began to take many risks out of a sense of anger and frustration. He started motorcycling, cliff climbing, and became a black belt in karate.
It took him some time to make his peace with the card that life had dealt him.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News