First school for deaf children opened by Pingalwara society at Hoshiarpur city
The All India Pingalwara Charitable Society has opened its first school for children with hearing disabilities at a gurdwara in Garhshankar in Hoshiarpur.
By involving gurdwaras in this initiative, the aim is to make up for the lack of professional schools for deaf children in Punjab.
At present, sign language is taught in six schools where 270 students study. The Pingalwara society has appealed to all gurdwaras to give them space to hold classes.
The schools are using digital technology to teach the children. The students are identified by the field staff of the charitable society.
So far, deaf schools have been set up in 12 districts of the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019