First school for deaf children opened by Pingalwara society at Hoshiarpur city
The All India Pingalwara Charitable Society has opened its first school for children with hearing disabilities at a gurdwara in Garhshankar in Hoshiarpur.
By involving gurdwaras in this initiative, the aim is to make up for the lack of professional schools for deaf children in Punjab.
At present, sign language is taught in six schools where 270 students study. The Pingalwara society has appealed to all gurdwaras to give them space to hold classes.
The schools are using digital technology to teach the children. The students are identified by the field staff of the charitable society.
So far, deaf schools have been set up in 12 districts of the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News