First school for deaf children opened by Pingalwara society at Hoshiarpur city
April 30, 2018
The All India Pingalwara Charitable Society has opened its first school for children with hearing disabilities at a gurdwara in Garhshankar in Hoshiarpur.
By involving gurdwaras in this initiative, the aim is to make up for the lack of professional schools for deaf children in Punjab.
At present, sign language is taught in six schools where 270 students study. The Pingalwara society has appealed to all gurdwaras to give them space to hold classes.
The schools are using digital technology to teach the children. The students are identified by the field staff of the charitable society.
So far, deaf schools have been set up in 12 districts of the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News